Invisible Spots

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
i know it is fixed, but there are still so many spots being abused on publics its unbelievable (and bloody annoying), i dunno if it was just certain spots that were initially fixed or the actual bug itself, but if the bug was fixed then its definately not preventing some invisible spots.

if it was just certain spots fixed then ill give more information in the afternoon about the new invis spots and hopefully the next leagueAS will fix it!

Reactions: Geo
agreed and what about waterbug? it's really quite annoying to attack on bridge for instance and u get attacked from 4 bugs at the same time.

yes.. both is very annoying :\

some people will do everything for cheap kills... riv3 spawnsniping annoys me too for the same reason. altho thats no bug.. just bad mapping.

What ever happend to the good old days :cool: We had all the bugs, high pings but the games were much better :(

spawnsniping in riv3 isnt a prob imo just kill em :rolleyes: but waterbug and the stpid "run up stairs lag" or "run up ballistic mountain lag" is annoying

I hate folk who camp the foxholes with rox and armour on overlord :rofl: :ban: the foxholes !!!!!!!!! :P

"Water bug" - where the player model is rendered in a horizontal position (swiming) but the hitbox is still verticle, crouching, with the center slightly above where you'd expect it to be. A native UT fault.

To hit a target in the water, coming straight at / straight away from you then you need to aim higher than you would think you need to aim.

Aiming to the side of a moving target in water is a bit sketchy though. Water is nasty stuff when it comes to determining hits... Has anyone tried Bridge with Zeroping? Would be interesting to see if this fixes the problem!

As for Invisible spots; a lot of them can be overcome by you turning up your netspeed... Why do you think I always have max netspeed server will allow when I play? :P

Last edited:
I think the waterbug people are mentioning is that when people jump into water just as from the bridge and the player model is in a vertical position usually sniping u. However the body appears to be about 2 meter deeper in the water than the player actually is. Only way to hit him is to shoot where his sniper bullets come out.

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]
As for Invisible spots; a lot of them can be overcome by you turning up your netspeed... Why do you think I always have max netspeed server will allow when I play? :P[/QUOTE]

what netspeed do u use?

Most servers allow a maximum of 20000; anything above that value will be capped to 20000 irrespective of what your netspeed displays.

10000 may be "enough", but if you have a decent conn/gfx card then there's no harm in ramping up the netspeed to make sure you don't lose sight of any actors sooner than you want to.

Ofc if you have a dodgy connection / graphics card then you'd best not whack up your netspeed as you are more prone to ping spikes.

There are lots of factors which would cause "invisible spots", and netspeed changes won't necessarily fix these factors... You may find that some of the further players become invisible when there are lots of other players closer to you etc etc. It also depends on whether your client thinks it can see the player or not; you gotta remember that UT is a 5-6 year old game... Was anyone playing Doom 1 still in 2000/2001 ?