Invasion of iraq!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yea,but i didnt catch any details.Guess we`ll know more details when they finnish investigating.

Originally posted by Gen76
http://web.amnesty.org/ai.nsf/THEMES/PRISONERS+OF+CONSCIENCE?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=1

Thats the amnesty site, in adition to the link above theres tons of info other places on that site if u have a serious interst in the truth.
Appalling though all those cases are they are not really relevent to the subject of this thread are they. Cases of nations internal human rights violations & jailing of political prisoners is not really in the same ball park as genocide, invasion/ballistic bombing of neighbours & illegal manufacture of weapons of mass destruction.

Originally posted by SmartAss
I'm starting to see news that Turkey seized 33 pounds of weapons-grade uranium about 150 miles from the Iraqi border. So far it's on Reuters, has anyone else seen it reported any where else?
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1065728,00.html

Ah,but they r.U asked for a list of dictators, im not going to give u that since u obveusly need the research.They r all in there, start with eritrea, burma and north korea.Ullfind your names and all the reasons u need there.

I will indeed look into those Countries that u mentioned but i dont recall reading about them doing anything to the same level as Iraq.

Tonight on UK TV (channel 4 news) they had an article on the possible conflict from an Iraqi view point. They had both `for & against' arguments. 1 point that came up during the `for' stance was the fact that approx 100,000 ppl have been executed under Saddams regime...a truely appalling statistic. Kinda puts the opinion that inocent ppl would die into prospective...its already happening.

http://www.channel4.com/news/home/z/stories/20020929/indies.html

"dont recall reading about them doing anything to the same level "

aye,this is the sad truth and also my point.:\

I guess it's always possible that Iraq will get some weapons grade Uranium that they aren't expecting cos I think Bush would be prepared to send them some. I think he'd even be prepared to arrange for it to be flown in free of charge.

Originally posted by Plonko
I guess it's always possible that Iraq will get some weapons grade Uranium that they aren't expecting cos I think Bush would be prepared to send them some. I think he'd even be prepared to arrange for it to be flown in free of charge.
Yep my thoughts exactly. As soon as i saw the story i wondered about a possible plant. U simply cannot tell with the Americans eh :x

Originally posted by DraizeTrain
Appalling though all those cases are they are not really relevent to the subject of this thread are they. Cases of nations internal human rights violations & jailing of political prisoners is not really in the same ball park as genocide, invasion/ballistic bombing of neighbours & illegal manufacture of weapons of mass destruction.
Ah,but they r.U asked for a list of dictators, im not going to give u that since u obveusly need the research.They r all in there, start with eritrea, burma and north korea.Ullfind your names and all the reasons u need there.
Oh BUT THEYRE NOT! Take the 3 nations that uve suggested...tbh there angels compared to Iraq. Generally there bad stuff is to do with human rights violations and border squabbles. Its not even in the same kinda league as Iraq is it!

The US & UK stance for attacking Iraq is that it poses a global threat & its illegal production of mass destruction weapons. U claimed that there were loads of equally dangerous nations that the World turns a blind eye to. I asked u to name them. U then claim that i'm stupid cos I dont know who ur referring to...and who do u come up with?...Eritrea.

How the hell are Eritrea a threat to global security!? They couldnt even afford a Scud let alone fire 1.

Tonight on UK TV (channel 4 news) they had an article on the possible conflict from an Iraqi view point. They had both `for & against' arguments. 1 point that came up during the `for' stance was the fact that approx 100,000 ppl have been executed under Saddams regime...a truely appalling statistic. Kinda puts the opinion that inocent ppl would die into prospective...its already happening.

As far as I know Burma has a very poor record on human rights which includes

• forcing millions of men, women and children into slave labour
  • forces more than 50,000 children to become soldiers, more than any other country in the world
  • has 'ethnically cleansed' over half a million minority peoples
  • has refused to hand power to Aung San Suu Kyi's Party, the National League for Democracy, which won 82% of the seats in Burma's 1990 election
  • has created such poverty that 1 in 10 babies die before their 1st birthday

source http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/

Warning

Should you go to Myanmar (Burma)? There are no easy answers to this question. Despite recent encouraging moves, Myanmar remains under tight military rule, dissent is harshly suppressed, civilians are forced into work for the state and crimes as tame as telling an anti-government joke are punishable by summary imprisonment. The National League for Democracy, headed up by the inspirational Aung San Suu Kyi, favours a boycott, pointing out that most of the money spent by tourists goes directly to the generals who enact and enforce draconian laws and human rights abuses. However, Aung San Suu Kyi may change her position if hoped-for reforms follow her recent release.

Source http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/south_east_asia/myanmar/

Last edited:
Draze:Hello? north korea? Guess my first impression was right, u r just taking the piss. all the answers are there if ude care or even bothered to read it.And if ude cared ude done some research beyond whats there instead of just taking the piss based on your own assumptions and mainstream news headlines.

Draze:Hello? north korea? Guess my first impression was right, u r just taking the piss. all the answers are there if ude care or even bothered to read it.And if ude cared ude done some research beyond whats there instead of just taking the piss based on your own assumptions and mainstream news headlines.
So who have North Korea invaded recently? Or attacked with ballistic missiles?

`Taking the piss' - Every time i pull ur argument apart im `taking the piss'. Grow up FFS!

`Mainstream news headlines!!' yeah right :rolleyes: Maybe if u read a little more than `Militant Students Weekly for Beginners' u might know a bit more.

North Korea

The human rights situation could not be adequately monitored by the international community because of government restrictions on access to the country, giving rise to concern that serious human rights violations remained hidden. Conditions for prisoners were likely to have deteriorated.

Several independent aid agencies and non-governmental organizations reported that food was being distributed according to loyalty to the state and economic productivity, and that food aid was not reaching the most vulnerable groups within the population.

• Médecins sans Frontières had to withdraw from the country as they were refused access to substntial parts of the population including needy children.
  • The government announced they had changed the constitution and didnt allow abolished the positions of president and vice president and announced their leader as 'eternal president'
  • The government restricted access of international agencies so they couldnt view the human rights conditions

The North Korean government again failed to submit its overdue report to the un Human Rights Committee, in accordance with its obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (iccpr) and repeated its 1997 statement that it had “withdrawn” from the iccpr (see Amnesty International Report 1998). In October government representatives told Amnesty International that North Korea had prepared its overdue report to the un Human Rights Committee but would not submit it unless members of the un Sub-Commission on Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities changed their “attitude” towards North Korea

Source www.amnesty.org

Yes North Korea is run by terrible ppl, noone is disputing that fact...but they dont pose a particular threat to other nations. They havent invaded any1 in recent years or bombed any neighbours. No nation on Earth would get global backing to attack another nation on the grounds of its internal human rights violations. If Iraq had kept itself to itself its situation would have been similar...but it didnt. Their threats to their respective regions and on a global scale are not comparable...and that of course, is the issue here.

but it IS constantly involved in border disputes and there is the constant threat of war between north and south Korea, which I will admit has decreased over recent years, but even when it was a high threat did anyone get involved? nope.

I go back to what ive said before about there being loadsa other bastards who operate freely without intervention.

I never said there were other dictators who go around invading other ppl. U only think dictators are bad when they pose a threat to other countreys?

And the issue here is oil, not terror.Bush wants a pro US prez who will let them have their oil without much hassle.That was what it was about the first time 2.The Hawks in the pentagon are milking this thing since 9\11 for all its worth.

Do u know who`s hardware saddam used when he gassed the kurdish ppl?Im sure u can guess.Its from back when the US suppoerted Iraq in teh war against Iran.Afaik the gas they used came from the US also.Rumsfeld was the salesman at the time..

No nation on Earth would get global backing to attack another nation on the grounds of its internal human rights violations.
Bosnia\kosovo

Mebby u should read my posts before u glance at them and embarrase yourself more..I have no problem answering questions from ppl who have common curtesy.

I should have written a essay long ago for copy and paste purposes.And i will when i get some time.As it is now and in the past these things never go anywhere.So im breaking the circle, ill make a post here when im done.It will include all the links so u dont have to read anything yourself.Something ude have done long ago if u had any interst, instead of just nitpicking on my spelling etc.

I never said there were other dictators who go around invading other ppl. U only think dictators are bad when they pose a threat to other countreys?
No but this thread is exactly about that. Its about Iraqs threat. Noone elses. Its about the unique threat that Iraq poses. U suggested that there was other similar regional/global threats. I simply asked u to name them. U got abusive & named Eritrea, Burma & North Korea.

dont recall reading about them doing anything to the same level
aye,this is the sad truth and also my point.

Then when we actually look at the situation with these countries we find that they havent been doing things to the same level have they...and now what do u come out with? `Oh i didnt mean that'...pathetic.

No nation on Earth would get global backing to attack another nation on the grounds of its internal human rights violations.
Bosnia\kosovo
Well for a start that was a NATO operation (multi national) to stabilize an entire war zone & to quell a rampant Serbia whos aim was to take as much land as possible whilst ethnically cleansing that land as they took it, therefor creating a `Greater Serbia'. I take ur point that appalling human rights violations were happening but the main objective was to stop Serbia `rolling out'. Serbia was in effect invading its neighbours. It is also believed that it was on the brink of invading Macadonia.

Mebby u should read my posts before u glance at them and embarrase yourself more..I have no problem answering questions from ppl who have common curtesy
Dont make me laugh u obnoxious idiot. Ur 1 of the rudest ppl I know on these forums. How many times have i had to remind u of the forum rules after uve been abusive towards me? If uve got a problem with me scrutinizing ur particular posts then u better get used to it.