IE crashes on startup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
Hiya!

Something really strange happened, all of a sudden IE 6 have started to crash whenever i start it up :\

Cant give more info, i just et that stupid "sorry for the inconvenice" and "send errorreport" message, the error info dont give me shit but then I am a NOOOOOOB :)

if i surf in explorer everything goes fine, but if i rightclick a link ie starts and i get the same error

anyhows, here is the errorreport

I also tried to uninstall/reinstall ie from this tip in ms kb:
Method 2: Edit the Registry and Install Internet Explorer 6
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

When you try to reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:

Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
Setup cannot continue.
To avoid this error message and reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, follow these steps:
While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.
To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

But when I entter Windows update it dont give me the option to install IE and i cant find it for dl anywhere :crap:

Tnx for help,:) BTW, i use english ie if anyone knows an URL :thumb:

Use Mozilla Firefox? its a better browser anyway...
IE is so closely integraded that the only thing that'll fix it is probably a reinstall of the whole thing

Tnx, but I am used to ie and use it at work as well, would really not enjoy having to learn a new brower :)

That is a very good update and should have been done ages ago, im sure theres loads of people getting scammed by all these emails with fake urls in them and at least that update stops them now.