Ideas for new league AS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
Hello I have some ideas for a new league AS if there will ever be a new version, if not then let this can remain a log for the time being.

1. Option to mute specs
2. Chat Spam filter
3. Stop the console auto scrolling

==========================
4. In Game tactics (mainly for pug - can be used for matchplay)

e.g
Select LeagueAS from mod menu > select tactics tab:

When the Tab is selected the objectives for the CURRENT map get displayed as below. These objectives are loaded from an INI file and you can add, removed & edited the ini file to remove useless objectives or even add your own custom defending positions. For example:

THIS IS HOW IT APPEARS IN UT
Ballistic:
Objective 1: Generator
At Generator #1: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users] (users can only be selected once per objective, e.g if i am selected for Generator my name will not be selectable from the Rocketshot drop down menu)
At Generator #2: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Rocket Shot: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Flak Shot: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Sniper nest: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
upfront: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]

Objective 2: War Loader
Backman Switch Ramp: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Backman Switch Rockets: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Upfront Low: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Upfront High: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Tunnel: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]
Window: [Drop Down menu Selecting Auth users]

Once the person is happy with the selections, they press "send tactics", the text get sent to each user in a special colour. This will make pug tactics easy, all you need to do is select the aut user from the list for each objective.

If anyone fancys trying this, pm me and I will try and explain some more

==========================

INi file format could look something like this:

Mapname=As-Ballistic
[Objective: Generator]
Pos1=At Generator #1
Pos2=At Generator #2
Pos3=Rocket Shot
Pos4=Flak Shot
Pos5=Sniper nest
Pos6=Upfront
[Objective: Warloader]
Pos1=Backman Switch Ramp
Pos2=Backman Switch Rockets
Pos3=Upfront Low
Pos4=Upfront High
Pos5=Tunnel
Pos6=Window
Mapname=AS-Desertstorm
[Objective: Samsite]
Pos1=Samsite #1
Pos2=samsite #2
Pos3=Ramp
etc....

thats all for now!

Last edited:
How about changing the match system so that the team who wins the first map defs first in the next one, and so on? Atm if you win a map you attack first in the next one, but I think the opposite would make matches much more balanced. At least it's worth a trial?

How about changing the match system so that the team who wins the first map defs first in the next one, and so on? Atm if you win a map you attack first in the next one, but I think the opposite would make matches much more balanced. At least it's worth a trial?

After almost 10 years off assault ...

Then you obviously don't think. If I play a more-skilled clan and they run me over in Ballistic in 2 mins, I do NOT want then defending Bridge first for a full 15 minutes. No one has time for that. There's a reason it is the way it is.

I think the reason it is that map winners attack next is to keep game short and make it as painless as possible for weaker team.
If the strongest team keep winning maps and defending first it's gonna be a very long match!

XB's ideas are gr8 tho.

if teams are very unbalanced this will lead to loads of full defences which will probably annoy both teams.
Other ideas are good but I don't know if its possible to implement them.
Muting specs should be doable, the console-scrolling probably too.
Spam filter is hard I guess. Some binds are very important in Assault (like incoming high/low/launchers) and many people use/spam them. How would you differ between useful/-less spam?
The "in game tactics" part sounds interesting, if it somehow is doable it would also be good to add a "request time" button for captains if its needed. But really can't say if it's possible, sounds like a lot of work. Lets wait what timo/cratos/polle will say :)

(users can only be selected once per objective, e.g if i am selected for Generator my name will not be selectable from the Rocketshot drop down menu)

I like to have multi spot positions sometimes. Still that can be done in teamspeak. :)

I fully support and acknowledge the potential usefulness of xb's idea #1 (mute specs) and 3 (no auto scroll for console).

Option #2:
spam control can already be done with togglemute in a way.
if you cut someones messages after 2 of the same message you will inevitably lose important information at times
and controlled spam filter with some words would be too much work for little result as people would find a way to bypass it l0lz

Option #4:
not sure it would help that much, people that dont listen to tacs on ts wont listen even if its in the chat, and it sounds like a lot of work also. maybe the way i read/imagine it; is not the way you see it but as i've said its not that hard to just !captain, focus and talk...

:thumb: for the ideas though hope someone with the skillz wba to make em happend!

How about instead of telling developers what to do, learn uscript/necessary languages and code it yourself rather than relying on Timo/Brajan/MyM/Polle to do everything for you? It's open-source code.

1 problem with muting specs is that you will mute an admin if they are in the server in league matches which is not helpful. Specs can easily be muted serverside if people cant behave.

Easiest form for spam control is possibly tighten up the flood limitation thats already implemented although it wont stop it completely.

3, indifferent to

Surely sending 4+ lines of txt to a player would go against the spam conditions set in your 2nd point

well in league matches there are no spec ever other then admins so wouldnt it be possible to implement a mute spec feature in league as, but disable that feature on league servers only?, so that we could mute specs on pug server or pubs

But specs are useful in pugs, eg if a sub is needed.. how do you know they're there if they cant reply?

The simple answer is just to get specs to stop being nobs in pugs :P

Option #2:
spam control can already be done with togglemute in a way.
if you cut someones messages after 2 of the same message you will inevitably lose important information at times
and controlled spam filter with some words would be too much work for little result as people would find a way to bypass it l0lz

I would imagine that most of this would be user specific.. i would assume that you would make some sortt of ini and have the binds that annoyed you in the block list. Dont see any other way that it could be done as some ppl dont mind basic LoL binds being spammed a bit - others cant stand the 4 line lol in symbols binds that some ppl have and the other useless annoying binds that get spammed - Head shot sponsored by LOL N00B... Etc.

Then you obviously don't think. If I play a more-skilled clan and they run me over in Ballistic in 2 mins, I do NOT want then defending Bridge first for a full 15 minutes. No one has time for that. There's a reason it is the way it is.

Yeah ok, I forgot about the full def thing. You could have put it a little less obnoxiously, but if thinking is my weak suit I guess charm is yours.