idea - fix the timelimit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

true...winning 5 maps = win is kidna bullshit idea....that would be a big change of the concept we have had here 5 years now...:D

How does reducing the maptime increase attacking from a team? We already play time based where the aim is to finish the map as quickly as possible, all that reducing the maptime does is those matches that went on for 2-3hrs are now instead of being 7-6 are going to be 2-1 due to all the draws. Im pretty sure a match is less fun with 6-7 draws in one game. Fair enough dropping maps played will speed it up more but some matches are already a bit too quick.

If the time for a match is too long for you then why not arrange to sub yourself after an hour or so, 8hours a month is not that long for 4 matches. I usually find once Ive organised myself to be available for an evenings match that it doesnt matter if its 1.5hr or 3hrs, id be more annoyed if I made myself avail for matches and everyone I played was 30-40mins, would be a waste of my time as it ruins an evening.

Most of the time when Bridge or such map comes up and a weaker team is attacking against a much stronger team its because the stronger team lost the previous map on purpose juust so they could defend. Not really mucch you can do about this, the maps will still get drawn out if a team wants them to.

Reducing the map times is a stoopid idea.

All it does is aid the strong team on the night.
I, along with those that have said it before, enjoy a good, long hard fought battle. I don't want quick matches or maps, if that means having to attack Bridge for 15 mins (or whatever the time is for Bridge) then so be it.

it's a good idea... also because maptimes are mostly based on botmatches (how the builder tested them) and lot's of old maps are build when launching wasn't even invented. so actually the times are outdated imo.

most mappers just put in 10 minutes without even thinking this good through when the map can be finished in that time is good is the opinion.

How does reducing the maptime increase attacking from a team? We already play time based where the aim is to finish the map as quickly as possible, all that reducing the maptime does is those matches that went on for 2-3hrs are now instead of being 7-6 are going to be 2-1 due to all the draws. Im pretty sure a match is less fun with 6-7 draws in one game. Fair enough dropping maps played will speed it up more but some matches are already a bit too quick.

If the time for a match is too long for you then why not arrange to sub yourself after an hour or so, 8hours a month is not that long for 4 matches. I usually find once Ive organised myself to be available for an evenings match that it doesnt matter if its 1.5hr or 3hrs, id be more annoyed if I made myself avail for matches and everyone I played was 30-40mins, would be a waste of my time as it ruins an evening.

Totally agree! :)

Hank for admin!

I vote Anti 4 admin =)

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
river al is a pain though

agree. maybe to help stop the spam in end tunnel you could remove tele to minigun.

also maybe remove auto cannon :p

also my view on time limits is , maybe 1 or 2 maps it would be a good idea like bridge is too long imo if the 'stronger team' defends it first thats 16 mins gone i think 12-14 is plenty

Last edited:
How about creating new weapons for ut assault mode instead? :P
I mean wouldnt a flamethrower be so mcuh better than a minigun for example! :flame:

i agree with HANK aswell...

where is the poll thread?

my vote goes to "fix the times"

and if all are against the fix of the maptime, then i would like to suggest:

Matchtime = 2 hours.. NOT longer, so you dont need another 2 clans to have scheduled afterwards to quit after 2 hours...
When 2 hours are over the clan with the most points wins.

Last edited:
You could use the Poll but I doubt it would be any use as reducing map time just encourages more draws AND then you want a reduction to 2 hour match time? You want scores to end 3-3? :rofl:

Any matches that are over 2 hours are usually the most exciting 1s so I fail the see the positve side of your argument.

Yes I know Fel, but looking at this thread, the number of people who are happy with the system outnumbers the ones who want the system to be altered and effectively ruin any decent league matches. Therefore Poll seems pointless.

Let the map times as they are!

Dont touch it!!!Dont touch it!!!

If two clans agree they can say we like to play like in pugwars to best of negotiated map win limit.