iCTF League Discussion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

uZi said:
now, can you explain to me why taking the current system and changing it from 2 hour slots, into 1 hour slots is so much harder than taking the current system and changing it from 2 hour slots, into 1 hour 15minute slots?

Must admit I was wondering why the iCTF matches have to be so short ?

Why can the 2 hour booking continue and we play longer.......we play 2 hr AS why not 2 hr iCTF ?

Many AS matches fall short of the 2hrs anyway so whats the prob ?

Uzi the current system is 1hr slots and you book multiples of that so nothing needs to be changed to use 1hr slots for ctf, hopefully now that makes more sense why 1hr15 slots arent being used.

Servers used will be a mixture of current servers + new ones, so changing the whole system just for an extra 15minutes is really not worthwhile presently, maybe it can be changed later on but the people developing the league have enough work already. Plus the AS league players will moan that their traditional hourly start matches wont be starting on the hour anymore :P

uZi said:
Wow, talk about a load of ppl overreacting. I've been here longer than any of you fuckers - show some damn respect!!

Well its the way put Uzi, it sound to me like your stressing about it, which I wouldnt.

uZi said:
Oh and helen - i said change it to 1h 15m in order to account for the 3 maps - plz read everything before telling me im talking bullshit, cos i talk a lot of bullshit and i know when im doing it and when im not :P

Maby if talk in a more resonable manner, then I might not skipped the bits were you where being rude.
And Uzi I've been playing UT for the last 6yrs too, not at high lvl, as I am not a skilled player, but I aint a noob either, so I know how it works to.
I just posted in a way that brought across my feelings at the time, and yes you were being rude, and very blunt, to a point where it sounded like it was comming from a 16yr old not a 20yr old!

MyM has answered your question now, so shall we just get on with leaving the admins to try and get the league up and sorted.

Also I am also older than you so lisen to me, im elderly did you know! :P :P :P
Anyone makes any comment about that and I'll have to get my slapping trout out ;) :D :P

/me looks at the number of clans that have signed up .... cough nonagon cough :D :wave:

well, before a endless fight starts why not make a poll?

4 options:

option 1: 3 maps; 1 map each clan + 1 map of month (1 map played 20 mins) = 60 mins max
option 2: 4 maps; 2 maps each clan (1 map played 20 mins) ) = 80 mins max
option 3: 5 maps; 2 maps each clan + 1 map of month (1 map played 20 mins) = 100 mins max
option 4: 6 maps; 3 maps each clan (1 map played 20 mins) = 120 mins max

btw. i looked up the rules and i couldn´t find anything regarding the winning conditions...
i mean... will it be a draw after 20 mins when no clan makes a point or if both have same score?
or will there be overtime? something like sudden death? could be pretty boring playing six maps with 20 mins each and every map ends 0-0 ^^ then both clans sucked hehehe

only option one that sounds good to me, but then it like MyM and them have already sayed, it doesnt fit in the system.

Felerian said:

When someone says 20 minutes per map, in reality it will be 22-25 minutes due to clickboard time; your options don't take this in to account.

Felerian said:
btw. i looked up the rules and i couldn´t find anything regarding the winning conditions...
I think I already said in the announcement thread that the rules displayed were only some draft rules I wrote many months ago. These will be updated in the coming week.
Felerian said:
will it be a draw after 20 mins when no clan makes a point or if both have same score?
or will there be overtime? something like sudden death? could be pretty boring playing six maps with 20 mins each and every map ends 0-0 ^^
I have already mentioned that there won't be overtime / sudden death, the score after 15 minutes per map will be what stands - that's CTF for ya :P

Felerian said:

4 options:

option 1: 3 maps; 1 map each clan + 1 map of month (1 map played 20 mins) = 60 mins max
option 2: 4 maps; 2 maps each clan (1 map played 20 mins) ) = 80 mins max
option 3: 5 maps; 2 maps each clan + 1 map of month (1 map played 20 mins) = 100 mins max
option 4: 6 maps; 3 maps each clan (1 map played 20 mins) = 120 mins max

i mean... will it be a draw after 20 mins when no clan makes a point or if both have same score?
or will there be overtime? something like sudden death? could be pretty boring playing six maps with 20 mins each and every map ends 0-0 ^^ then both clans sucked hehehe

why not since its only 2 maybe 3 people who seem to care about the 5 minute difference we just do what the admins are doing and explain why then ignore the whinging? :P

Thats the answer i wanted, not some sarcastic "OH YOU DO IT THEN" type thing, cheers mym

and there was a hint in my post that some of it wasnt serious, some people obviously arn't intelligent enough to pick up on that, possibly the same kinda people who post pictures in order to get a cheap laugh :rolleyes: *losa*

I would suggest sticking to 3 maps per match, the 3rd map could be chosen at random before the game, or it could be done by eliminating the remaining maps in the list (would also need to be done before the game for the server setting system) so that the one remaining is chosen.. yes like in CB cup wars :p:

Other thing, it may have been discussed already, but are we going on map wins or on total score? If its the latter then there is no real need for 3 maps tbh. - would then mean we could have 20 mins instead of 15 and it would still fit into a 1 hr slot (thats right i got it in there :P)

I think people resort to sarcasm when you fail to read something that has been posted at least 3 times before.

Your suggestion about the 3rd map is spot on, that's what I have already said will happen.

You say there's no need for 3 maps, but the whole point of the third map is for common ground purposes, each clan will pick their "home map", the third map is to find the best of the two clans.

uZi said:
possibly the same kinda people who post pictures in order to get a cheap laugh :rolleyes: *losa*

A form of humour is far better than biting the hand that feeds you.

Re. maps: If each clan gets to choose a map, are they forced to cycle that map choice ?

What so instead of trying to get things done, you're meant to kiss ass? fair doos, i tend to word things aggressively that may come across as rude and insulting, but i've been around long enough for people to know that:

#1 i dont take things all that seriously
#2 i tend to swear a lot
#3 i am a sarcastic cunt

Also, if you expect me to read 10 pages of equally sarcastic and uninformed comments then you're very much mistaken. I scanned through the threads, but obviously im gonna miss stuff. Why not make a sticky/locked thread with all of the things which have been decided upon? then you can update this accordingly

Anyway, in my new frame of happy mind. I wholeheartedly disagree with your arguement for 3 maps weirdo. Surely the point is that you should pick the right map against the right opponents. The reverse of this is that you should be able to play any map that your opponents pick. This is not AS where people are able to own a map in 20 secs without the other team really having much of a chance. If you let someone get 10 caps past you and dont score any in return, you DESERVE to lose the match. If you're that bad at a map - just go mass def, as lame and boring as it may be.. depends how desperate you are to win? :p:

Also what if the 3rd map happens to be one which only one team is good at.. same thing again. Stick to 2 maps imo

Also you didn't answer whether it will be done on map wins or total score?

The point win should be on total score in my mind :) As it just seema fair and its pretty easy to work out :) But thats just my thought of the day :)

so, this random map thingy, when do you know what 3rd map is?
would b nice if its random picked when you book/confirm server :)

do i understand this right:

3 maps played, 1 map each clan + 1 random (whatever) and the points of each map are added together to a final score?

or will it be 1 point for each map win?

2nd would be better imo... cuz i think its crap if a Clan A does alot of captures on their home map but loses the enemys map by 1 capture and the random map aswell by 1 capture... so in total clan A has lets say 5 captures + 1 won map and Clan B has 2 captures + 2 won maps.

Imo Clan B wins the match and not Clan A who had more captures... cuz the point of the game is to win the map... same as in Assault... you win by winning maps not by getting objectives...

and if ppl want it to be based on total score of captures... then there is no need of 3 or more maps as uzi says... then 2 maps ala 20 mins are enough.. the clan with most caps wins.

fine.

Last edited:
that's a good point. This will also mean that maps where it's harder to score any points, will easilier be chosen.

for example, first map is an easy map and the score is: 13-4, while the second map is alot tougher and the score will 1-2.
Would be much fairer if the final score is 1-1 than, instead of 14-6.

BRaiNRaiN said:
that's a good point. This will also mean that maps where it's harder to score any points, will easilier be chosen.

for example, first map is an easy map and the score is: 13-4, while the second map is alot tougher and the score will 1-2.
Would be much fairer if the final score is 1-1 than, instead of 14-6.

How does how easy it is to score points on a map make any difference? Im pretty sure both teams play the same map at the same time therefore its just as easy or difficult for both teams :P The only advantage one team might get is they know a map slightly better but the other team gets that same advantage on their map