HUD question

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Unseen

gloom
Sep 11, 2001
Finland
when playing without weapons showing on hud, it always tells u what weapon u switch to when u switch weapon..
but is it possible to get that text to stay there all the time? :o

i guess you are talking about when u have weaponhand hidden?
In that case, if u still have the weaponsbar (user.ini, [Botpack.ChallengeHUD], bHideHUD=false + bHideAllWeapons=False), the currently active one will be highligted (at least if highdetailactors=true). But just stop using hidden u lamers fs. new league rule, all use righthanded!... like me :P Center only allowed for those tricky sixpackuptheposterior launches on Siege][

yes i do use hiddenweapon, but i meant when removing the weaponsbar from the hud...
it shows the name of the weapon i switch to for a short moment at the right end of the hud, but then fades away
so the problem is that i forget which weapon im holding... but i find this version of the hud better as everything is in a line at the lower end of the screen

PS if any admin can be arsed move this to the UT forum, seems to be more appropriate

Last edited:
mmz.. decent solution i guess, but in this way i still cant get all the icons to be down at the bottom of the screen, they still are in all the corners :o

i somehow must have overread it...
but i am looking for a way to let a screenmessage popup when i change weapon....
can anybody tell me how?

i remember somekinda mod which let you have notes which only you could see yoursef, ie "personal teamsay"... dunno if theres any other way though...
but why on earth would u want a message to tell u wot weapon u use? u can always see that somewhere on the hud :o

Unseen said:
when playing without weapons showing on hud, it always tells u what weapon u switch to when u switch weapon..
but is it possible to get that text to stay there all the time? :o

isnt this the same???

just that i dont want it to stay all the time... i just want it to show up for a sec or two...
show what weapon i just switched to and then fade out (like the kill messages for example, but at bottom if possible)
if you want a personal "say" so only you can read it... then use:
"echo"
for example:
make a keybind:
echo >> I am good and I can make it <<

=P
only you will be able to read it ^^

how can i get the highlighted Message of the weapon I switched to, even when i have the weaponhud activated (that means i see the weapons and bottom)

wait ill try to explain again,
if you put
bHideAllWeapons=True
then i dont see the weapons in the HUD (bottom of screen) but you get a message on the right side of bottom screen for about 1 sec, what weapon you switched to (text)
i want
bHideAllWeapons=False
and still get the text message what weapon i switched to.

understood?