How do i raise my FPS? :P

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

LeNiXiS

Hells Yea
Jun 16, 2003
UK
I found out how to find my FPS yesterday cos im a newb i never knew how to check it. I found out that i average about 50 on most AS maps, but spammafort it goes down to like 20 lol.

So anyway just wondering if there is any other way to get a higher FPS without lowering my texture quality or my resolution?

Put ur monitor on a large booster seat.
You have raised your fps.

....Or piss about with ur rendering devices/drivers/ini settings. There are loads of openGL threads. Go read em.

ok lol, just wanted a nice magic trick, but with shit like this there is always some complex thing that us northerners dont understand :(

NEW PROCESSOR!!!!
FAST BUS SPEED ON EVERYTHINK!!!
FAST HARD DISK!!!

graphics card is secondary tbh cos UT has wank graphics :)

what's with the darkness anyway?

every time i try it no matter what card or opengl plugin it's next to pitch black in UT

I'm gonna do some research!

try messing with

set levelinfo brightness 15

15=bright
1=dark? pick the number ya want :p

see if dat helps u guys

edit= put wrong command :p

Last edited:
Heh.....thing is...when ur using openGL brightness is gonna be 1 (V dark indeed)

tho with -= this =- opengldrv.dll you will be able to set it brighter
(put it in ur UT/system folder......remember to backup old filez))

Well I fixed it using http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/, DaTeL bet me to it :)

You'll need to replace your opengl settings in ut.ini with these if you want to be able to change things

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseTrilinear=True
RefreshRate=75
UseFilterSGIS=False
AlwaysMipmap=False
NoFiltering=False
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePrecache=False
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=True
OneXBlending=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=False
GammaOffset=0.3
MaxAnisotropy=0
UseS3TC=False
Use4444Textures=False
LODBias=0.000000
UseTNT=False
UseBGRATextures=1
UseAA=0
SwapInterval=-1
UseVertexProgram=0
UseCVA=0
ColorizeDetailTextures=0
SinglePassDetail=0
UseDetailAlpha=0
MaxTMUnits=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=0
UseTexIdPool=1
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=1
UseSSE=0

mind and delete spaces after each line if you copy/paste. The brightness prob is fixed with GammaOffset which adds an extra amount to each gamma level in UT :)

btw if u use it, make sure u change that refresh rate to whatever suits your setup.

omg its like Paa's come back to haunt the Tips Tricks and Tactics forum.

btw OLD!

well if there are still ppl having low FPS becos they dont switch to openGL becoz of darkness this cant be said enough now can it.......

last updated then, hmm maybe they updated to change the title of the page or something? Paa was posting same bs in here 6 months ago, go search if u dont believe m3h.

And i never say old fs, IN FACT thats about the first time i said it. so there