[Hitsound] Clientside?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

deadly

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Feb 6, 2002
Is there any UT addon (mod) to hear the hitsounds like in UTPure? (Clientside)

I know UTPure has it, and not everyone likes it, so im searching for a clientside hitsound mod :)

i doubt it, since weather you hit someone or not depends on the servers interpretation... never know tho

just had to reply to say this:

pwnage avatar fs! :lol:

he should have done that anyways
ylsurprise.gif

i doubt it's possilbe as ross said, but also keep in mind people would think its lame prolly, as thats part of the reason why its not on on all servers that have pure

well unless its available to everyone its effectively an unfair advantage, since you could spam a rocket or flak down a corridor, walk away then know someones there cos you heard a beep/chink chink

tbh, i prefer it without hit sounds, i know when ive hit someone fs

true, but it gets you a good feel for the ping/lag you're playing iwth, but whatever, everyone has their preference, i'll play either way :D

Originally posted by Deadl¥
oh ye :nod: :moon:
ye well, ehm, someone make me some mod for it FS!

not very possible, because UTPure/CSHP/League AS would block the mod (and possible kick you from servers). Just the way things are now days, the cheat protection lets NOTHING run clientside anymore.

not quite true bahamut, plenty still works, eg spectate mod (lets ya spec without fuckups when the guy gets HSed)

Originally posted by Deadl¥
ye i never know when i hit someone @ insta :( :rolleyes:

You dont need to know if you hit or not you will see him blown up into pieces anyway :D