Higher clans egos...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
One thing I hate about clans in higher divisions - their egos. Most players in these clans are the same in that they can't take defeat. I lost count of the number of times I got flamed in public games, just because I dared to kill or win against a div 1 / 2 clan member. You kill them with flak and you get called 'Flak-noob'. Never mind my clan-tag. I killed them with the flak-cannon so that makes me a noob. OK, fine m8. Shock rifle = shock-spammer. Shoot them as they run past, - you're a camper. I was playing Asthenosphere in public and each team had about 4 good clan players. Got nearly all the objectives myself and all I got at the end from these guys was 'He was so lucky' and 'He's lagging - couldn't hit him' and other excuses. Not once was I lagging in that match and I know when I lag - my PC is famous for it. I was proud of myself, cause I ain't good at the customs, but these guys had to spoil it and come up with reasons other than the fact that they weren't playing well enough to justify why they lost. My clan is in div 5 right now, and I hope that if and when we get to div 1 or 2, we won't come up against these tantrums all the time. Higher divisions should realise the fact that they're not gods or whatever and that people on lower clans might not necessarily be unworthy of defeating them.

welcome to The Unreal Tournament: Assaultleagues, {24}. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

lol if you wanted flames you should of been around in the days of the ezboard forums diamond was a star at flaming

I think you'll have a long wait. The real reason that clans like >ION<, Si><th, -={Mi5}=- et al are leaving is because they're crapping their pants at the thought of being de-throned by the unwashed masses from the lower divisions. So they quit while they're ahead! ;) :rofl:

I thought that might be the case...

But what a waste - working your way up to the top and then quitting in case you lose. Should be an incentive to get better - to get back on top. Now what are they going to do? Form a DOM clan and start again?

yep, there are 2 kinda higher div memberz.
1: helping u, telling u wot to do and even being nice to n00bs.
there are a lot of m8s from higher div who taught me tricks and staff when I was a n00b. I am not a n00b now, I just suck but it's a different story :D

2: they are 24/7 in god mode (well they think) and get really hurt if a n00b or lower div member smack their bottoms.
'omg, how could this happen little shittie just fragged me'

was playing with this guy from {R-C} and fragged him in the small dock on oceanfloor. Yes, i was waiting there and yes he was running up the ramp to term 2 when his head fall off.
'you think that's funny? shooting from behind? thats lame!' he says. Then he left.

hmm should i have run front of him, wave and have DM around terminal 2 or we are playing AS ffs?

Never mind, as ACD storm said after ' don't worry about talking'

so don't worry about me either
;)

Is that a compliment?...

Are you saying we'll frag our way up or we'll arrive in div 1 cos every other clan has left? Lmao. Well that's one way to do it I suppose. But if we were the only clan in the 'league', we'd get booted out for not playing the requisite number of matches. ie 0/4. Lol.

That sounds familiar...

Keep going...it's all coming back. Yes...there it is...ah yes, my last match in public against anyone in a div 3 clan or higher. Lol knew I'd get it.

The Anonymity of the internet and the pressures of competitive enviroment make Computer games a breeding ground for the darker side of human nature :( Its just the way it is, and don't by any means beleive that you or your clan would nessacarily be angels in such an enviroment. When games are so close and status is on the line, so many ppl lose all sense of perspective. Some ppl are complete knobs granted, and there are a few of those about, but a great many are decent people, who just lose it and become complete twats in the heat of the moment. A lot of these ppl I would call my friends, some of which I have met in RL, and other which I just know very well online. We're aren't all immune and I have been known to creep across the metaphorical line myself on a couple of occasions, and don't be so sure that you wouldn't either. It may be just a game, but where you in the running for the best of the best, and competition is feirce it becomes a lot more than just a game :)

My advice, try to keep your cool and ignore it, and when they act like twats just remember its because you dented their ego, mission successful I would say :D

M8 it's not just directed at n00bs or lower Div clans.
Some players think they the lick and can't take an ass whuppin from time to time.

I get flamed-fuck em-if they cant get fragged they should fook off and play tiddly-winks or summat.

Welcome m8-there are some fucking great people here.
Don't let the actions of a couple of Twats upset u.

BTW all RC guys I know r sound m8-so they may have been on the blob or taking the piss-good bunch of ladsand unlikely to take offence cos u shot em in the back:)

BTW all RC guys I know r sound m8-so they may have been on the blob or taking the piss-good bunch of ladsand unlikely to take offence cos u shot em in the back:) [/B]

I know m8, sorry for all {R-C} members. I know a few of them too they ok as you said. I regret my post, maybe he didn't just leave, he suddenly got d/c when just about to say ' j/k coffee m8 that's game' :D

Well I'm not upset really...

And I know what Phear means about no-one's devoid of ego. But there's a difference between losing graciously (maybe even - god forbid - congratulating another player?) and throwing a temper fit. I mean Coffee said that guy left after he killed him. What the hell is that about? There are guys playing who are 11 yrs old or less and they can still tell when they've been beaten fairly. I just wish everyone would give credit where it's due. And you have to have a thick skin to ignore all the shit that gets thrown at you by someone who believes he has a divine right to win, just cos' of his clantag.

:rofl:

weird thread!

but if you want me to join you on a publics server and then say "WTF YOU CANT KILL ME I AM GOD"!
I would be happy to help :P

contact me on icq 127565570
if that does it for you m8..
very simple ego boost imo ;) :rolleyes:

Daz is a complete wanker ( what I missed all pro games, wtf you dont want me to play or something usseless wanker, you afraid of my teamkills )

@thur *kuch* I got a bad cough

Status
Not open for further replies.