High resolutions and crosshairs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

uZi

Bannned
Jun 8, 2001
South Wales
I'm sure i've posted about this before.. but so far its only fixed in leagueAS afaik.

Anyone have a way so that cross hairs scale properly when playing at 1280x1024? cos atm I have a HUGE smudge of a dot when playing in non-AS games, which is kinda annoying.

any ideas?

Thxxxxx

It's smallest possible already. Since it's 2x2 pixels.
There's no way to make 2x2 pixels to 1x1 pixel since it will no longer be in the middle of the screen then, it'll have a 1 pixel margin.

The Texture for the crosshair is 64x64 pixels, though. Maybe if you change it to 512x512 and then add a 2x2 dot in there it might work. If it scales it back down to 64x64...

Gonna test that later...

Got the same problem and even in LAS sometimes my dot gets huge again :x

Edit: didn't seem to work that way, crosshair becomes really weird, no longer being in center and it "bumps" when I fall... :o

Last edited:
unrealED -> texture browser -> botpack -> icons -> export chair1 or the one u want as pcx -> edit it to what u want with photoshop/whatevever -> import that pcx file in unrealED (untick mipmap box) -> save texture -> edition section in user.ini: Botpack.CHair1 -> MyCrosshairs.CHair1

edit:

if u cba to do this, just change the CHair8 line in user.ini and put this utx file in textures (it contains only CHair8, no other textures):

Attachments

• MyCrosshairs.rar
    933 bytes · Views: 30
Last edited:
no shit.. good luck putting one pixel in the very center of 1280 pixels :lol:

thats still better than a 2x2 px dot

The problem is that it stretches the 2x2 pixels to be bigger according to which res you use.
If you can disable the stretching it would solve it all though. (like LAS can)

You're right uZi, this has been posted before, and I think I mentioned in that thread too that it is indeed a fix made in LeagueAS, which fixes the HUD rendering based on the resolution of your screen.

In order to fix this for other gametypes, they too would need to be re-written to include the fix; and since it's not a client-side only fix, the likelyhood of doing this and requesting every server you play on to update their files is pretty slim.

/edit
Thread was posted by you uZi :P http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1440675&postcount=4

Last edited: