Half Life 2 Preview in PC Zone

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
O M G…

Has anyone else seen this?

:drool: :drool: :drool:

This is the most complinetary review I have ever read, especially in PC Zone. The reviewer is completely astounded, the whole time...

I'm not gonna go into detail because I would end up being here for hours, but if you liked the first Half Life (which I'm sure 99% of ppl, except Humph, did) then I strongly recommend you go and find a copy of PC Zone June issue (can't miss it, cover is dedicated to HL2 lol) and read this 12 page orgasm immediately :D

One of the things which really got me is how secret they have kept this game - it's been in development for 4.5 years and has never even been confirmed until now. Not only that, but it's being presented at E3 and then is set for release September 30th 2003 :eek: and I'm inclined to believe this date cos they've kept it secret for so long, I don't think they'd then announce an inachievable date :D

Also, minimum specs are only set to be a P700 with 128mb ram, and a 16mb gfx card… Something of an improvement on Unreal 2 lolz. Ahhh stop drooling Spirit - just read the review guys :)

some screens
1051095942_0.jpg

1051095942_1.jpg

1051095942_2.jpg

1051095942_3.jpg

1051095942_4.jpg

1051095942_5.jpg

looks excellent :D

Was a belting game the 1st time :)

Half life 2 and Deus Ex 2 should be the amongst this years best games.

btw pld Seek :thumb:

Ye pld seek :D not got a scanner meself so couldn’t post the PC Zone review :\

I did have Doom 3 up there as a potential GOTY however after reading these reviews I can't help but replace it with HL2...

:eek: I played it thru numerous times - best single player FPS game ever imho, nothing else even game close :) Only thing which let it down was that last level in Xen, that was pretty shitty lol :D

If the game play in HL2 is as good as HL, but with all those pretty gfx and that physic engines which sounds stunning, then :drool:

Not to mentioned DeusX 2, Colin McRae 3 and GTA Vice city...

2003 is a year for good PC Games I think :D

Wow, another graphical tech-demo and mod platform.
I am confident that Half-Life 2, will, itself, remain a completely shit game, whose only redeeming quality will be it's excellent mods.

Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

It would be a grand succes if the majority of the gamer community could actually play the game smoothly (EVERYBODY can play counter strike smoothly, hence is why it has such a big playerbase)

the developers are developping for PC's that are state of the art at this time, while they should be making games that can run on the avarage PC (which is still about 700-1000mhz)

less eyecandy, but probably a bigger playerbase, DEFINATLY in online games
somehow they want to make stuff as beautiful as they can though, making the production costs high, the price of the finished game high and of course making the percentage of cracked 'n hacked copies of the game on the globe alot higher than that of a cheap/good game

sometimes I just don't get it :D

ps: and yes those minimum specs are bollox, utterly and completely laughable
you can easily add 500mhz + 128Mb Ram and a Geforce 3 or higher to get to a point where the game actually plays with more than 40fps in the lowest settings.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Humph
I am confident that Half-Life 2, will, itself, remain a completely shit game, whose only redeeming quality will be it's excellent mods.

Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

If you don't like the Half Life game's, why are you reading this thread?

Humph you gimp: One of Half-Life's rather good features was the A.I. of the soldiers in the single player campaign, fighting against them was quite fun. Go troll somewhere else gimp.

One of those aliens looks like a straight copy of the spider thingies from the film adaptation of Heinlein's "Starship Troopers".

The stalker looks like a straight copy of one of the martian war machines from H. G. Well's "War of the Worlds".

Other than that, its looking pretty neat :D

Originally posted by Humph

Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

Humph u cock-jockey Half Life was one of the best games ever made for numerous reasons - the AI was incredible for the time, the gameplay was completely captivating and immersive, the weapons and atmosphere couldn't of been better. The fantastic gfx were just another benefit of an all round amazing game.

Half Life sold over 8 million copies - not Counter Strike, just Half Life, and was voted best game ever for 3 years running. Clearly your view that it was a steaming pile of shit is in the vast minority, therefore I suggest of you haven't got anything constructive to say you f0 back to saying "old" in the chit chat forum.