Guess the video-game caption

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

that is dune II, dune 1 is an adventure game not an RTS

in green are the ordos (an invention of dune II)
red are the harkonnen
and purple is the army of Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV

y It's dune II

3 - Cyborg
2 - Samy, kR4Zy|v4N, html, ert
1 - pogogo, Insp!re, Prometheus, /\/uts, promax, teks, PhoBoss

The Sardaukar u naab :)

the sardaukars are only the elite fanatical troops of House Corrino and on the screenshot the only purple unit we see is a harvester.... i doubt they put an actual sardaukar crew in there

next

501ff8f13d9ae0d26bcd0000.jpg

Correct

4 - Cyborg
2 - Samy, kR4Zy|v4N, html, ert
1 - pogogo, Insp!re, Prometheus, /\/uts, promax, teks, PhoBoss

the sardaukars are only the elite fanatical troops of House Corrino and on the screenshot the only purple unit we see is a harvester.... i doubt they put an actual sardaukar crew in there

werent there actual sardukar troops in dune games....hm or was that dune 2000?

+ as i recall there were some purple troops in dune 2.. i doubt they were mercenaries?

+ does house corrino use any other troops beside sardaukar?

this reminds me of solomon's key on the nes but thats definitely not it...

solomon's key 2?

or one of these, hi wikipedia

In 1988, a port of Solomon's Key was made for the Sega Master System in Japan.

A port for the Nintendo Game Boy system entitled Solomon's Club was released in 1991.

In 1993, a prequel was released for the NES named Fire 'N Ice in North America (called Solomon's Key 2 elsewhere).

The 1999 Game Boy Color release Monster Rancher Explorer (called simply "Solomon" in Japan) by Tecmo is an updated port of Solomon's Key.

The arcade version was included in Tecmo Classic Arcade in 2005.

The NES version of the game was released for the Wii's Virtual Console on November 19, 2006 in North America.[2] and on December 15, 2006 in the PAL regions.[3]
The arcade version came out on the Virtual Console in Japan on August 18, 2009, in the PAL regions on September 11, 2009 and in North America on November 30, 2009.

Last edited:

+ as i recall there were some purple troops in dune 2.. i doubt they were mercenaries?

ya the purple infantry that pwned were called sardaukars, and in the last mission where you face the emperor all the military units are probably crewed by sardaukars I was just saying the harvesters as they cant attack probably arent manned by sardaukars but rather by regular soldiers of our beloved Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV

All purple units in Dune II are sardaukar afaik, same applies to dune 2k on the last 2 levels (regardless of which house you're playing as) and you can also play w/ sardaukar on Emperor BFD.

solomon's key 2?

Nope, this one's a DOS game, don't think it was ported onto neither nes nor sega.