Graphic card problem....? help needed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=U-T-U=-

Feb 15, 2003
Sprang - Capelle -NL
I recently changed my Ti4200 with a ATI Radeon 9800, and I downloaded the latest drivers. I had no problem with games like CoD2 and NFSU: Most Wanted. But I discoverd that some things in UT are not what it used to :P

just take a look at the "beach" in these pictures:

Shot0045.bmp

Shot0044.bmp

In this picture you can see a square in the fire, and some little weird blocks in my weapon bar...:yawn:

Shot0047.bmp

a player with a shield belt ( though it's transparant :rolleyes: )

Shot0048.bmp

I also noticed a white line around the screen... I play UT in Direct 3d, with directx9.0c.. I think that maybe the anti-aliasing or the anisotropic filtering has something to do with it.
Any1 has an idea / solution?

thx in advance :)

1) .bmp suxx :P
2) maybe you are using those s3c textures or what they are called. i think i saw something like that shieldbelt on a mate's PC with a 9800 and those textures.

If other games runs perfect (without crashes, pic failures), your gfx-card isn't damaged.
It's well know that UT is a bit bitchy.

I never played with ATi cards, but i have similar problems everytime i activate AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filtering with all of my Nvidia card.

So check if you've AA & Af activated and deactive it.

lolol looks vry funny, btw I bet u can see through doors now too :P had it sometimes too with my very old graphics card haha and all thought I had wallhack :lol:

jEr said:
lolol looks vry funny, btw I bet u can see through doors now too :P had it sometimes too with my very old graphics card haha and all thought I had wallhack :lol:

all people on truffs?

I have seen this before. It isn't CD2 textures causing the problem;

I have seen texture allocation errors on transparent texture overlays are caused by dodgy memory / hdd's, but never by a change of gfx card.

Did you clean install Windows (i.e. incl a format) after installing the card?

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]I have seen this before. It isn't CD2 textures causing the problem;

I have seen texture allocation errors on transparent texture overlays are caused by dodgy memory / hdd's, but never by a change of gfx card.

Did you clean install Windows (i.e. incl a format) after installing the card?[/QUOTE]

nope, but you think it will help? because you're talking about the memory and hdd...

At the very least id run drivercleaner to remove all the old nvidia stuff and reinstall the ati drivers, also delete/move your UT.ini and let it make a new one, see if all that helps and then try to format.

I say its not normal! Try to install your pc new or create a second operating system beside your current. Before you use the newest drivers try to start with direct x8.1 for example and an older ati driver version. (Out of the time when this card was new.) If that works use the newest drivers.

If you see again a failure try to disable modern driver features. Beside that I have no idea what else could cause this problem atm. I try to reach a player that uses a similar ati card.

Never experienced that when I used my radeon 9800 card. But the problem I had were that my fps was very low around 40 on some maps so I switched back to my nvidia 4200 :(

ok problem solved:x , when I yesterday started my pc I got a black screen.. and I didnt hear the vent anymore, so I put the card in another system to see if it's really broken... but it didnt work neither:hangover: .Of to my old card then and maybe save some money for a new one.

But hee don't worry, even with sofware rendering and no sound ( coz windows 'safe modus' doesnt have sound) I still own :D