Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
I can't wait :tasty:

"San Andreas confirmed and dated
The game will be called Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and will be released only for Playstation 2 on October 19th in the USA and October 22nd in Europe. Other formats have not been ruled out, but expect a delay of around the same time as it took to port Vice City to other platforms. This isn't out of "laziness" by Rockstar, instead it's for contractural reasons and the exclusiveity of the game to Playstation 2 while it is in its prime. We will have all the SA screenshots on this page."

1093283450_2.jpg

I heared you will be able to compete online with GT4 ?? :p: /me gonna buy network stuff for ps2.
Any1 has experiences with it?

Actually, I'm pretty sure the harddrive is only used by FFXI (necessary) and RE Outbreak (optional, speeds up load times).

Anyway, GTA:SA looks great, though I'm a little worried that the exercise thing might be more annoying than fun. I'll just wait for it to come out on the Xbox (rumours are saying it might be as early as March).

Inferno said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the harddrive is only used by FFXI (necessary) and RE Outbreak (optional, speeds up load times).
It's a Modem used for online play, not a HDD ;)

Anyways, i heared you can even swim this time :thumb:

uZi said:
btu sneez, it says Hdd on it :confused:
:lol: :lol: I think it says : hs2 or something
Edit ur right it says HDD< but its a modem/network thingy, look at the url ;)
Or fatty boy just gave us a wrong picture :/

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong picture. I really doubt the network adapter says HDD on it :rolleyes:

Well, it turns out that GT4 won't have online play after all. This doesn't bother me (I wasn't going to get it anyway) but I'm sure it'll piss off a lot of other people.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/granturismo4/preview_6108426.html
We'll get the bad news out of the way first, though, which is that Gran Turismo 4 will not be shipping with any online functionality. Yamauchi cited "challenges" with the European and Japanese online infrastructures as the reason behind the decision--challenges that would presumably have taken until well after the game's targeted December release date to overcome

Now, before you all throw a hissy fit, Sony will release an online version sometime in 2005.

Inferno said:
I'm pretty sure that's the wrong picture. I really doubt the network adapter says HDD on it :rolleyes:
It does have 2 utp cable slots

i liked GTA2, loved GTA3 and was flashed by GTA VC :D (although the plane gearing was a disaster), but i doubt that i'll spent as much time with SA as i did with the previous parts.
After GTA3, VC, Mafia and other gmaes the 3D city-scenario is well known and nothing new anymore.
Well still looking forward to hear the soundtrack :dj:

Reactions: Dark
ok so we have the HDD mystery solved :rolleyes:
Countdown has begun. Really can't wait ;)

If you eat alot of Hamburgers your character will become a fatty :rolleyes:

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]The broadband adaptor also adds hard disk support for the PS2.[/QUOTE]
:confused:
I don't think you need a broadband adapter to use the hdd