Gothic Metal

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

personally i listen to a lot of different styles of metal.
But i listen to it because i like the music, I ain't gonna worship satan because i like a band. As for deathmetal having a message, lol I got too many deathmetal bands on cd and some have the message of a S-club 7 song.

aye, imo most metal bands lyrics are pure wank ffs... and its sad really, cuz a good lyric will make any tune that much better.

Having said that, there are still some great lyricists out there...

Lyrics of death metal bands just sux.Death metal hasnt any meaning its just gore and death lyrics.Only there are some bands that have got incredible lyrics like NILE.If u like death metal and dont know them mmmmmm i would say that at this moment is one of the best bands in that style.They are the most original band and their lyrics are incredible.And about black metal there are many many bands with great lyrics (behemoth,old marduk,old mayhem,old satyricon,libmonic art,hecate enthroned.....).
And about venom mmmmmmm most of ppl say that they are the fathers of black metal, i dont think so cos their music just sux and their satanism image was just for selling more cds cos in all of their interviews they say that they never believe in that so.....And about that all leave satanism when they grow up i only can say LOL!.So u can say too christians leave their religion when they grow up hahahahhaha maybe when bin laden grow up maybe hell leave his religion hahahhahahahah.

Mysticum is still good i tihnk.Dunno much about goth scene but i do know more about the norwegian black metall scene than most.
And let me tell u their all posers, cept for dimmu borgir they r women(met em once and well its sad stuff:lol:)the only ppl who actually beleave in the whole shtick r either in prison for being stupid ass gimps who carried the show to far(which is all it is, noone ever wore corpspaint for any other reason than to put on a show) or they have grown up, gotten record deals selling records to kids who think its the real thing(gotta love puberty and hormones)

By all mean, have fun with it. thats what its all about,just dont get to sucked into the whole thing.its just music and rebelion.Satanism isnt a religion its rebelling against society ie growing up.Only daft buggers like Anton Lavey and whatshis name OTO founder, was on the beatles sgt. peper cover. anyway..

Rich: fucking funny pic commentaries, i was crying seriously.

Last edited:
Gen76 said:
Mysticum is still good i tihnk.Dunno much about goth scene but i do know more about the norwegian black metall scene than most.
And let me tell u their all posers, cept for dimmu borgir they r women(met em once and well its sad stuff:lol:)the only ppl who actually beleave in the whole shtick r either in prison for being stupid ass gimps who carried the show to far(which is all it is, noone ever wore corpspaint for any other reason than to put on a show) or they have grown up, gotten record deals selling records to kids who think its the real thing(gotta love puberty and hormones)

By all mean, have fun with it. thats what its all about,just dont get to sucked into the whole thing.its just music and rebelion.Satanism isnt a religion its rebelling against society ie growing up.Only daft buggers like Anton Lavey and whatshis name OTO founder, was on the beatles sgt. peper cover. anyway..

Rich: fucking funny pic commentaries, i was crying seriously.

Heheheheh u put clear examples :P lolz dimmu burguer? hahhahah they just sux they ar posers.I was talking about real underground bands and belive me i know that world.My friends have got a band that they have recorded their first album one year ago more or less and if u know those kind of ppl u would know about what im talking.And if u think that satanism isnt a religion is ur opinion but u should know that there are many differents types of satanism.Im not saying that im agree with all of them.An example is anton lavey, lolz that man sucked.That isnt any focking kind of satanism.If u read satanic bible of lavey u will see what im talking about.He was only a fag :P.Another type of satanism could be like aleister crowley said in his books but mmmmm that mmm how can i say it appart that he fucked with animals,men and women :PP he was just a man that had a christian family that made him a lot of presure when he was young and there a lot of probes that he was psycho.Somethings that he said im agree with them but most of them are just a creation of a ill brain.Another type could be the typical satanism that all know, with orgies, sacrifices and those things (the typical christian view of satanism).So u can see that are many many kinds of satanism ( more than i have said) but to know about this world u must read a lot and then u can make a opinion about it.

And about
Gen76 said:
By all mean, have fun with it. thats what its all about,just dont get to sucked into the whole thing.its just music and rebelion.

If i have read right mmm i dont think that music is only for fun.The music was made many many centuries ago to express feellings and msgs to others.And during history that was its objective.But in these century things have changed a lot.Now music is only a product, is only a thing that is for sell and nothing else.But in all styles (black,death,soul,jazz,blues,clasical music,rap.....) theres an underground scene that has got a real msg and for me thats the real music.The music that is making with ur soul and with all that u believe; a mucis tht is made cos u want express somth not for sell cds.

Last edited:
My point is dont fool yourself into thinking its more than it is, when u start thinking u should go tip some headstones, burn down a church or dig up some dead ppl it has gone to far...trust me.Been awhile for me but the old guys r still around, darkthrone,mysticum,enslaved, ulver , satyricon etc, ive met alot of these guys, norway is rather small after all and they do it for the money and teh joy of playing. They dont mean most of what they say in lyrics.Just dont go to a darkthrone fullmoon party without knowing what that means:lol:

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article.jhtml?articleID=566790

Last edited:
what can i say i had like 30+ gb underground blackmetal stuff on my comp awhile back ago it was either nazi music (yes they had offensive names ;)) or it was like satanic beast mangler ... i would go as far as saying missy elliot has more music in her songs than alot of underground blackmetal stuff (you can't say it's music really more like instruments badly handled ;)) but i guess you can apply the "if you build it they'll come" to every music out there there is always people listening to it. altho i must say nile sure du have a pretty insane drummer ;) so does most death metal bands but metal itself (on the outside) has been dragged into the dirt with crap bands (creed(maybe not metal),pod,stinkin park etc etc) i still like some metal bands (not really death but they have atleast music in their songs not just the same old 3-year-olds-trying-their-instruments-for-the-first-time) fear factory,bolt thrower,sepultura(old) and hate squad, sure bands like cock and ball torture are fun listening to but now way in hell that's music even i can make that kind of music ;). i'm not really in the postion to speac about metal thos since i don't sliten to it anymore :(

Who gives a fuck?

You got music u like or u got music you dont like, thats all you need. Its just all ur own opinions what styles bands play. In the end it comes down to the point if u like it or not.

Lyrics of death metal bands just sux.Death metal hasnt any meaning its just gore and death lyrics.Only there are some bands that have got incredible lyrics like NILE.If u like death metal and dont know them mmmmmm i would say that at this moment is one of the best bands in that style.They are the most original band and their lyrics are incredible.And about black metal there are many many bands with great lyrics (behemoth,old marduk,old mayhem,old satyricon,libmonic art,hecate enthroned.....).
And about venom mmmmmmm most of ppl say that they are the fathers of black metal, i dont think so cos their music just sux and their satanism image was just for selling more cds cos in all of their interviews they say that they never believe in that so.....And about that all leave satanism when they grow up i only can say LOL!.So u can say too christians leave their religion when they grow up hahahahhaha maybe when bin laden grow up maybe hell leave his religion hahahhahahahah.
lol have all their albums and their quasi arhelogical/historical style is funny foem mme imho..some good songs tho unas the slayer of the gods for example