Global Player Login System for League Matches?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you welcome a Player Login System on League Matches?

• Yes I would welcome such a system

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • No I don't like that idea

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • I don't care at all

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe you would rather enter login details for matches, playing in your clan, than playing on a public server.

That might be true
But if the player login doesn't solve the mercing, then why use it anywayz?

I think this thread leads again to the question: Mercing allowed, yes or no?
This is just my opinion but:
I rather have a clan using mercs then playing 6vs4
You can't win anything with this league so the main goal is fun
what's the fun in playing 6vs4 :spin:

you can always play funwars instead...

I just hate clans climbing up the tables using mercs every match.
If you or your opposition has trouble getting enough members the clan with less than 6 players can always forfeit and you can still play a funwar with mercs.

And im sure that the admins have to be pretty confident that their system could work to even make this thread.
Maybe one of em could explain what they have in mind? (if its not a secret or sth)
I'm sure it's more than just a login system. that could be easily abused.

If you dont have enough for match leave the fecking league :P
err ye boomtown was always full (of noobs) that dont speak english and prolly didnt knew wtf is login system :lol:

ofcourse its a secret until we voted yes, same reason i am not voting yet. Else bastards like me would be trying to take the concept apart first and pointing at every bit of it we dont like. Likely it is like the UTGL system, maybe with additional native code to gather more info. That will be broken, just like every other anticheat so far. Pretty much no matter how intrusive or anal they make it.
Could be secret for many (bad) reasons.
The fundamentally hard part in this is what to do about sharing of login information. Its a bit like if you let someone copy your creditcard & told them the pincode, conspiring to profit from fraud. Ur not just trying to protect the individual from abuse by others, but also protecting the system against the users.
edit: and thb, with the means and sanctions available im not buying it yet.

Last edited:
Dinomite said:
That might be true
But if the player login doesn't solve the mercing, then why use it anywayz?

I think this thread leads again to the question: Mercing allowed, yes or no?
This is just my opinion but:
I rather have a clan using mercs then playing 6vs4
You can't win anything with this league so the main goal is fun
what's the fun in playing 6vs4 :spin:

Think of UTA as a football league. A local Sunday league team don't want to turn up and find they're playing half a div 1 team who have suddenly started playing for the opposition. It is like a sport, asmuch as darts or snooker is, it requires hand-eye-coordination, dedication, practise, etc. Anyone who says it's just a silly game and the rules don't matter is probably lying to themselves just how much time they've spent playing it already. In conclusion the fun is in the competition, and competitions have rules. Without rules, no competition, no fun.

damn skippy! Maybe you would have more fun using mercs or playing against Mercs
But i just hate it, why cos some clans use em like all the time. Which is sad if you can't climb the league
without mercs you better F0 imo.

CeCe said:
If you or your opposition has trouble getting enough members the clan with less than 6 players can always forfeit and you can still play a funwar with mercs.

Sounds good ... but unfortunatly it doesnt work since most enemys dont WANT to forfeit even if its 6v4 or worse.
Once we played a war 6v1 and the enemy said he would stay no matter what just to take the piss and flame (must been Grz im quite sure :D)... quite brave, OK, but in fact if we would have left the server he would have finished and won...
there should be a rule like in cb that u can be forced to reshedule/forfeit with a certain lag of players like if u cant get 4 or 5 u have to forfeit if the enemy asks for it. On the other hand i see the prob that a realy good team still can win 5v6 and maybe even 4v6.

RighteousFury said:
On the other hand i see the prob that a realy good team still can win 5v6 and maybe even 4v6.

Suym-Pro can win wars 2vs4.

Hector said:
In conclusion the fun is in the competition, and competitions have rules. Without rules, no competition, no fun.

:nod:

No mercs.

If a clan can't field a full team it would probably loose or have to forfeit.

In the end this clan would die...
Next patient, please!

RighteousFury said:
Sounds good ... but unfortunatly it doesnt work since most enemys dont WANT to forfeit even if its 6v4 or worse.
Well they dont WANT to.. but with a mercing rule in place and enforced they simply would have to.

So if let's say 2 ppl in ur clan got the same con and their inet dies, u want to play 4v6 untill they're back, because u know u can beat the other team as soon as they come back, is this considered to be lame ?

Anni said:
So if let's say 2 ppl in ur clan got the same con and their inet dies, u want to play 4v6 untill they're back, because u know u can beat the other team as soon as they come back, is this considered to be lame ?
Maybe that's worth a pause-feature? Or is that about another poll :P

i once pld a war on my own was quite funny tbh

in instagib matches me and thur pld 2 vs 4 which was also amusing.

although i am in favor of rescheduling when you know in advance you have a member shortage you cant say well you are on your own so forfeit.

uhm, I'm gonna add password encryption and some very basic GUID generation in the next version of UTGL which will be released when I feel like coding a bit :)

Reactions: Martz