Germany - Telekom - 50MBiT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

M®.F®0$T

hai useless ;]
Mar 22, 2003
Die Deutsche Telekom arbeitet zurzeit daran ein leistungsfähigeres Hochgeschwindigkeitsnetzwerk (VDSL) mit Bandbreiten von bis zu 50 MBit/s aufzubauen, so dass ab Mitte 2006 einige deutsche Großstädte mit neuen Diensten miteinander verbunden sind.
Da die Deutsche Telekom das Netz aufbaut, möchte sie das Netz für einen gewissen Zeitraum allein benutzen, bevor Konkurrenten ebenfalls darauf zugreifen können. Die Bundesregierung stimmt dem zu, doch die EU-Kommission nicht.
Diese möchte eine sofortige Öffnung auch für Konkurrenten, sonst droht sie mit einer Klage vor dem EU-Gerichtshof. Gleichzeitg könnten Wettbewerber in Deutschland vor Gericht ziehen, was im schlimmsten Fall zu einem Stopp des Ausbaus des Netzes führt.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/computer/artikel/862/72790/

only for germans :fingers:

germany finally getting some what advanced in broadband :lol:

we already have 16Mbit ADSL for months farac.
+ loads of people on T1/T3

<-- :D

NaJa is slow connection.. mine is going to be upgraded to 100 Mbit 2006.

depends a lot on your provider!

I have about 50 or 60 ping to UK (one of the farthest countries routing wise)
which is about 3 times the ping to a german IP but not exactly shit.

jo 50mbit in großstädten... wird wohl erst richtig 2007 rauskommen oder wieviele haben bis jetzt 16mbit? ich denke nicht einmal 5% aller inet user..

and cripp u are kidding?

Well it could support up to "52mbit", but its not many places that they got that telephone line quality and short line distance that the 52mbit need, you probly need a cable length around 100m or lover. 26mbit use to have a maximum length under 1000m with rather good cables.

No idea how the lines are in germeny but i dont think they are much better then it is in Sweden. BBB that is the old ISP i used to work for are soon going to test VDSL2, that should support 250mbit and around 100mbit when you got a cable length around 1000m, hope that is a more succesor technic then VDSL was, so you dont need to be neighbour with the dslam to get good bandwitdh and get a good network availability.

Sorry im abit drunk atm, so this post is probly missspelled everywere. cyas!

I could have understood if you were drunk after Germany's worst decision so far this year, but at 7 pm :whatever: