Game of Thrones

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
For the people who like fantasy and knights and that kind of stuff!
Watch the Game of Thrones from HBO (series), first episode was just released some days ago.

deffinitly worth a watch :)

is it illegual to post a link?

removed url

if so plz remove it just don't banz0rz me

Last edited by a moderator:
The books are awesome but I was pretty dissapointed watching this first episode. A lot of the characters were way overdone (Cath, Sansa, Arya, Vyseris, Deanie, Khal Drogo, Tyrion, Jaime, Bran, Cersei, Ed) and the pace was so uberfast a lot of important details were missing. Also things like the hounds helm and the stagcrown made me so sad, again it looked way overdone and somewhat ridiculous.

The opening with the wall was awesome (looked neat) but then again, as soon as the rangers started talking I felt it was forced and overacted compared to what the book was like. Basicly it stayed like this throughout the episode. I felt like I was watching spartacus without the fights but the same sort of 'flashyness' and nudity rather than a more serious tone, what a shame.

I'll give episode 2 a try, but I don't think I'll bother watching the rest if its going to be more of the same. :P

Dennis said book 5 will be out in June/July thats not too far from now! :D

is it illegual to post a link?

removed url

if so plz remove it just don't banz0rz me

No idea on the legality of vids of TV shows, I'm guessing their is copyright in there somewhere so removed url.

Haven't read the books, no idea what its about but watched most of the first episode as it happened to be on TV and I'd seen the adverts. thought it was neither good nor bad, although I don't really understand the current fad with all the nakedness in current shows, Spartacus, Game of Thrones etc

No idea on the legality of vids of TV shows, I'm guessing their is copyright in there somewhere so removed url.

Haven't read the books, no idea what its about but watched most of the first episode as it happened to be on TV and I'd seen the adverts. thought it was neither good nor bad, although I don't really understand the current fad with all the nakedness in current shows, Spartacus, Game of Thrones etc

It's cos it's on cable in usa, that's why! They can't show skin unless it's cable so once they get a greenlight to air on a cable channel like HBO they push as far as they can :D

i'd say the series follow the books more closely than the lotr movies do.

i.e. in game of thrones (800 pages) the first episode of 10 ended exactly at page 80 in the book o_0

i ''devoured'' the series and am into book 5 atm

so far the best book/season is the third one

Just finished the first book and saw the first series. They follow the book very closely, page by page. Sure some bits are missing and they clearly pushed the nudity button as deep as they could in the TV series. But no complaints from me :) Loved both will read the other books soon when I can.

The tv serie was awesome!

Really was a (SPOILER INCOMING!!)
surprise for me when boromir died :( I thought he was the 'main' character, he can't die.
I was liek WTF!?