FOV Wierdness

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
A few people have reported some wierd FOV changes when you die, with the server setting your FOV to 80 for no apparent reason.

Seems that CSHP's FOV tracking doesn't work so well (it was turned off by default in previous versions of LeagueAS, although the option was there).

If you wish to turn it off on your server "admin set LeagueAS130.HackProtection TrackFOV 0" will do the trick :D

im no expert on FOV.. but does that allow for unlimited low FOV... i mean, now the lowest is 80, if you can go lower it would be like zooming with all waepons

doh, the lowest is 1 afaik (but I never managed to enable it). When you zoom with the sniper, its fov20. There's been a zoom bind relying on that, so you can zoom with all weapons like with the sniper. But it was disabled in the early versions of CSHP already, so it doesnt work on publics nor league servers.

well.. thats what im talking about... since i have a bind for switching between FOV 80 and FOV 120 and at that time it seamed like FOV 80 was the lowest i could get.. it works on all server.. CHSP and non-CHSP

oh you can get lower than 80 if usin another console command ;)
but this hasnt worked for me I went to test it out on a public yesterday. Only offline I think.

ohh.. erhm.. u all getting so complicated fs.. i just did FOV 80 on one line in user ini and FOV 120 with another, no set, no other wierd stuff

it happens sometimes that my fov goes to 20 when i die
thats not a bigger problem since i have about the same binds as doh so i can easily change the fov again before respawning

the really nasty problem is that when i snipe and the weapon changes automaticly because i ran out of ammo, the zoom remains and i have to hit the bind which sometimes takes just half of a second too long so i get killed

also many times when i change to sniper and tip the secondfire button to get about zoom 1.8 or so it zooms full in which also costs a lot of precious time
but i also have that probs on the jolts and some other servers so this is not a leagueas specific problem

i hope you can use this info

Just noticed on server3 during our match...

Im used to play at fov 110/120 but whenever I used the sniper rifle with zoom, and then zoom out again, Im getting fov 80, which isnt nice...

will it be disabled on league servers then?
don't think so hm?

and IF it was disabled - wouldn't it be possible to cheat again then or did i miss that point in the postings above?

The fov shit only happens to me when Im zoomin with sniper and changin weapon while zoom is on. If i unzoom(???) again and change weapon then there aint a prob:)