Final Fantasy XIII

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ok at
Gran Pulse
the shit gets real. Finally the difficulty goes up! Taking on 2 Behemoth kings at once is INTENSE!although completely optional. I personally love challenges so it's as good as a game can get! Nothing like beating them up after getting a few game overs!

Also the game just got less linear like Riv said! First sidequest given! Love this game.

Last edited:
Haha now you're really close to where I am.. I skipped most of the fields there, just walked straight into the cavern up ahead.. that's where I am ;)
how did you like that fight with that person?
Cid
Any difficulties on that?

Btw I was shocked to see
that there are creatures that eat these giant adamantoise for breakfast. As can be seen here: from 1.50mins

Last edited:
Died once against
Cid Raines
because of being too greedy. I thought I had everything secured and launched an all-in attack paradigm... The guy must have had less than 1k hp left when he killed me, literally there was no hp bar visible for him when he suddenly wiped Lightning :( second time was np! He did some lightning damage or something that took away almost 3/4 from everyone's hp so it was kinda hectic every now and then :D Guess I got a bit lucky if you were struggling here, either that or we use different paradigm sets which suited me better for this battle :)

Oh yeah! And those giant ass creatures are awesome :teehee:. Tried to kill one that was next to a treasure so I could get it but absolutely no chance against it for now at least :P

the only thing i dont like is that if the leader dies, its game over :/ it should have been done so that everyone in the party needs to be KO'd.

the only thing i dont like is that if the leader dies, its game over :/ it should have been done so that everyone in the party needs to be KO'd.

Idc too much about that, as long as there are no enemies spamming death/doom on my leader :P. Leader gets priority when it comes to healing etc. so its not that bigga deal imo.

ok so im on chapter 11 now in final fantasy, would it be advisable to train for a bit now, or would there be better spots later on? My lack of upgraded weapons is really starting to show itself :(

well.. you should really train! seriously.. i have to do alot of backtracking because the creatures I face later on in chapter 11 are just too hard.. especially to get high star ratings.. and without that it's not easy to level up or get anything from them..

yes obviously more points for your crystarium and better drops !

game sucks balls riv! just give up now
youll see when you throw your controller at pitbull in frustration!

You only played till Odin, so you cannot really judge a game on not even 10% of what you can see..
The linearity goes away at chapter eleven.. it gets more and more challenging and rewarding.. the boss fights are intense and the atmosphere of the environments get better and better..

yes I'm pretty sure the rating only effects to the TP gain and possible rare drops... haven't confirmed this tho but during the tutorial I don't think it was mentioned that rating would effect to the amount of CP gained.

mannnnnnnn ive stuck with the weapons that i got from the start and i just upgrade them, coz all the new weapons i get seem to suck and i cba to waste components on upgrading them.. i hope that dont fuck me up later!

Chapter 12 now! And the story is confusing me a little bit :o
did anyone find a place to get some chocobo's in chapter 11?

Don't read the second spoiler if you aren't through with the story. Includes an easy way I figured out to beat most of the bosses :P

Just completed the story, fun stuff! :D Last bosses were a bit too easy tho, got 5 stars from all of them... No grinding required at any part of the game (completed a few marks at
Gran pulse
tho). Used Lightning, Hope and Vanille throughout the game and used
Vanille's saboteur class and Belladonna wand as a cornerstone to the boss battles. This made most of the battles really easy, I wonder if anybody else found the beauty of the saboteur class? :)

ah so you're done with the story.. then I can ask you this question..
How can you upgrade your weapon
(i.e. from Gladius to Halter Skelter to Omega Weapon?)

found this thing (HUUUGE IMAGE!!), but doesnt tell me how to do it:
wem.jpg

ah so you're done with the story.. then I can ask you this question..
How can you upgrade your weapon
(i.e. from Gladius to Halter Skelter to Omega Weapon?)

found this thing (HUUUGE IMAGE!!), but doesnt tell me how to do it:
wem.jpg

You need to upgrade a weapon to the maxiumum level and then use a catalyst. I believe for the gladius (thats the 1 that increases the speed of the atb bar yes?) you need a adamentite. All catalysts can be bought from the sores the motherlode and R&D depot

nice thanks :D

my gladius was star-level already so I thought I had to do something :P