Favourite film of 2003

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1st - Matrix 2
2nd - LotR 2 (not seen third yet or would be on list i guess)
3rd - T3 Rise of the Machines

command and conquer?
or Master and Commander?

cuz command and conquer is one of the 1st RTS games....

oh, and @ DK (Håk): ROTL??? my guess is that u meant RotK

Last edited:
Can't belive noone mentions Confidence with was a great movie :) on the other had i found Pirates Of The Caribbean to be utter crap.

RotK was by far the best movie !

Dogville Alert!!!

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED "DOGVILLE"?

This is the best movie i ever seen, which doesnt say alot since its not even possible to compare to the lot of number 2:s..

This is Von Trier in his uttermost excellence. Here he completes what he has tried in "breaking the waves" and "dancer in the dark". Finally he has found his expression after a few very promising but still not fulfilling movies.

An excellent film, with a good twist to it in the similar tradition of "kill bill" although much strongerly and theatralically given. And yes its VENGEANCE with a LARGE V im talking about. Probably best vengeance in a movie ever.

NOT only an excellent film but also cineastically interesting and ground breaking since it revives the theatre in a cinematographic environment.

The movie is 3 hours long but i actually thought it was 2 when i saw it in the movie. GO to a cinema to see it, u can get it on DVD but still in big cities u still can watch it in cinema, which its definitely worth!

For anyone thats likes films this is a definite must see!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 3!

#1) Dogville- Lars von Trier!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276919/ go see here!
#2) LOTR: ROTK, Miles and miles behind and below Dogville.
#3) Kill Bill vol. 1, good and entertaining. / Man without memory- Aki Kaurismäki. Got to love this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IM very confused at the fact anyone even wasted time on watching "finding nemo". OK for you 12 years old, but others??!??

Facts:

1) Its a childrens movie.
2) Its made by Disney that only make crap movies for small and stupid children.
3) Its animated or whatever its called.

No harm meant but seriously ffs!

Arnet

Arnet- StoneAge said:
IM very confused at the fact anyone even wasted time on watching "finding nemo". OK for you 12 years old, but others??!??

Facts:

LOL I think you need to reassess your target audience. Spirited Away has been mentioned twice, Belleville Rendezvous once. I don't think this is the audience to bring von Trier to. Which is a shame because

Dancer in the Dark has the best and most rewarding hanging in it ever. I wish someone had done it to Bjork years ago.

Facts:

lol

Its a movie for as well older people and kids. There are elements that only older people will understand and the kids will love other elements in this movie. And it's from disney yes, BUT the animations are from Pixar and all the pixar movies have been quite a success.

You can't deny the fact that this movie is perfectly animated.
Take the water for example, I've never seen this kind of quality animation of water ever before.

Anyways, it's a animation movie, but that doesnt mean AT ALL that it's a bad movie, in fact in my eyes it's the best animation movie ever...

lotr3, italian job, phonebooth, donnie darko, 25th hour, underworld.. and many more

really must add the last samuria to my list if you anit seen it yet then do so the story is class and the action is good :) though dont go expecting a fighting film like a jet li film its more battle stuff

I was gonna say Phone Booth but thought it was 2002. Class film though and Colin Farrell is damn good imo. Er Italian Job was a bit pish though Snee :confused: One of those horrible 'crew' films with a group of stereotypes - the computer hacker, the driver, the weapons guy, the gorgeous girl (Charlize Theron looking as perfect as it's possible to look so I'll watch it just for that). And Mark Wahlberg as a charismatic leader (?) The guy has one and a half facial expressions. Finding Nemo was great - to say it's a children's film only is a bit daft - since when did that exclude adults and nerds who play computer games? :P

Towanda said:
Can't belive noone mentions Confidence with was a great movie :)

Yea , that was a good film "Confidence" , about con artists that stole money from someone named "The king" if I remember right and they try to steal money from a bank

1.BlackHawkDown / Tears of Sun
2.Finding Nemo / Equilibrium
3.Freddy vs. Jason / lord of the ring 3

Casper said:
Lost in translation (brilliant)
Last samurai
Kill Bill

omg!

i just watched Lost in Translation yesterday, plz plz plz tell me what was good about it?

in the one i saw, NOTHING happened!

edit: i think i'll make a new thread about this one...

Last edited:
Dont really have a fave film from that era, but i loved 'the shining' the women in it had funny google like eyes and was a right dog, jack nicholson cracked me up with 'heres johnny' and the kid had a silly bowl cut hair do, summit id expect ReD to model