Fair play

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

That wouldn't help much :( Then as soon as someone with high ping enters the server they'd be bitched at for making the average higher :|

I've also seen servers who kick players with an above average ping, maybe that's a better idea! :thumb:

I just had an idea.
Is it possible to multiply all players ping and divide them to make an average so all plays with same f6 ping on a server etc?
Would save alot of endless discussions about fairness?
Couse we all are fair right?

Multiply and make an average?
You mean like the 56k players gets a lower ping, because the average from the dsl/cable players lowers their pings? :rofl: :lol:

Multiply and make an average?
You mean like the 56k players gets a lower ping, because the average from the dsl/cable players lowers their pings? :rofl: :lol:

ye thats what i thought ^^

basically everyone will just have same ping as worst ping player in server

nah they won't because only a few people will have shit pings, majority will have low pings meaning the average will still be pretty low. There are two problems though ... the people with constant 30 pings atm aka Riv, TB, PR, Rookie are gonna get fooked on their f6 and also the practical problem of how the hell you give a 56k player a better ping.

all that idea would do is increase low ping players pings a fraction, which is a bit useless cos they're still gonna minirape you anyway.

nah they won't because only a few people will have shit pings, majority will have low pings meaning the average will still be pretty low. There are two problems though ... the people with constant 30 pings atm aka Riv, TB, PR, Rookie are gonna get fooked on their f6 and also the practical problem of how the hell you give a 56k player a better ping.

all that idea would do is increase low ping players pings a fraction, which is a bit useless cos they're still gonna minirape you anyway.

yes it will mean everyone will have same ping as highest player , how can u lower someones ping by 'sharing' lol

hi i got 2.2 k but dont worry if i share with 30 pinger ill have 50 ping! not! ;p

you will not have same as highest, Grz said an average of all pings, but anyway, its impossible because you cant lower someones ping only make it higher, so the only thing is to choose server best for both teams, most equal ping.. :satan:

:lol: You cant make someones ping better just because you say so, this is in effect what you are asking with the avg ping.
Its no problem making someone who has a 20 ping behave like its a 50 ping but Id love to see how you make a 200 ping act like a 60 ping, as far as im aware you cant do that, although maybe someone can prove me wrong.

The only easy way to make it workable is give everybody the highest ping out of all players, yes itll be fair, no I cant see people being happy with it, imagine the arguments as soon as an NTL numpty joins the server, 200+ ping and PL for everybody :D