erm wtf - [graphics problem]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Not really if you looked instead of critising

Artifact scanning mode for non-ATI cards -

Works on nvidia cards :) (ive used it on a ti4200)

'It's more likely due to RAM timings / motherboard chipset drivers / processor overclocking / gfx drivers.'

erm... any solutions to the faults?

'Out of interest... What servers are you trying to play on? Does it crash on all of them?'

mainly on all servers i go on whether it be a league match server of DOG std server it plays up when im connected to one:(

should i rip the RAM out an put my old 512 stick back in , mind its been used for a few years an still works lol

(using a pentium 4 2.4ghz,dunno about motherboard an geforceFX5700 and corsair 1gb RAM if that helps)

Last edited:
if they not noisy they are normally ok

but fluff etc build up on them and they need a clean every now and again

you can get high pressure aircans

but i prefer to remove fan take apart and clean with a paint brush

just take your time and take care thats all dont rush it

cleaned the fooker yesterday and by jeez it was dirty as fok,but i dont think it has sorted it, bro is using a trial version of lineage 2 and its producing the same protection fault as UT, so thats a wee good idea that UT isnt going to work either lol.(so the problem isnt UT isolated)

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia/official/nt5/index.php

any of this shit any good? im prolly needing an older set of drivers, the new ones kick up a stink :mad:

got no fokin idea on the next thing i should try, i tried older drivers,but same fault. the only other thing i could do is put either the RAM in differently or go back to me trusted 512 stick.

->Deadboy - after i altered the drivers an shit,i rebooted a few hours later and the desktop icons went missing lol so i think that went a wee bit pearshaped lol:mad:

btw i would have formatted and reinstalled xp ages ago

as windows problems take forever to track down and about 2 mins to fix

as for shortcuts go to prog files or wherever prog is installed right click on the exe and send to desktop (create shortcut)

i dont think those 4 shortcuts will take long :P

Last edited:
If youve been having this many problms even after formats and different drivers then id start looking at the possibility of hardware faults.

Do a chkdsk

While running the following tests try to monitor temps via whatever monitoring prog you have at hand

Try running a cpu/mem stress test and make sure that passes without fault, something like prime95. If you get a fault once every 20-30 mins in UT then run it at least longer than that, ideally twice the amount of time.

If that passes then try running gfx benchmarks and looping them, if they fail then test by perhaps swapping the card or try checking the gfx drivers.

If that passes then try looking elsewhere :P try taking out/disabling all devices except for gfx card and then try playing, keep adding/enabling bits until the fault returns. Should help you diagnose the fault then.