Double hammer on overlord

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Natsi

Herr Diplom-Ingenieur Günther von Hasselhoff
Jun 8, 2001
Ok, I'm getting very desperate about this trick and so I'm asking you how to do it? I've watched that demo by ION about hundred times and I still can't figure out what to do...:( O, maybe I'm just stupid:D

First off, lets try and keep this forum about trick and chit only. :)

One of the most important things about that launch is timeing, if you don't jump at the right time you wont be able to do it. Also, if you have a bad ping it will be a lot harder to do it.

ive practiced but the prob is i dont know how to practice:)

ok

here is how easiest way

POINT YOUR HAMMER DIRECTLY UPWARDS (AS FAR BACK AS YOU CAN)

CLICK THE ALT FITE BUTTON THEN WHILE ITS POINTING UPWARDS STILL HOLD DOWN THE PRIMARY FIRE AND KEEP IT HELD NOW RUN UP THE BEACH ON OVERLORD AND NEXT TO THE RAMP THAT GOES DOWN TO THE BIOLER ROOM YOU CAN SEE A LINE THAT RUNS ACROSS THE BEACH WHERE THE ANGLE CHANGES ,STAND JUST BEHIND THE LINE WITH YOUR BACK TO THE GUN AND POINT YOUR HAMMER STRAIGHT OUT FROM YOUR BODY WITH A SMALL UPWARD ANGLE ,NOW GET SOMEONE TO RUN AND JUMP INTO YOUR HAMMER .

job done

Opti

i don't think that's the launch he means

what he means is the thing infront of the foxholes

two guys charge their hammers for the hammerlaunch then they place theirselfes next to each other as close as possible without touching the other one with the hammer then they aim at eachother's feet

a third guy jumps

and if everything's done right and with the right timing the guy should land in the guncavern

He doesn't need to hammer jump, you can launch some1 into the gun cavern or actually onto it, the easiest way is to use the big X at the end of the barbed wire as a launching ramp. But IMHO the whole thing is a waste of effort, your just sniper fodder.

Yeah the doublehammerlaunch is just a distraction, as long as the defenders se a few ppl flying through the air they will shit themselfs and start all running into the guncavern trying to stop you. Giving you an easy run into boiler room.

U don't need the 3rd guy to hammerjump but it's a lot harder if he doesn't.

ok, cheers all for replying... probably aint gonna use it but it has become an obsession:D but, i think ill learn it one day

I know what u mean by it getting annoying, lol.
Frist time I think it was Ninja who got the crazy idea of the double hammerlaunch, we spent about 2 hours to finally realise it was too hard, lol only getting to to work twice. About a month later we tried again for 20 mins and got pretty close like 1/10. A few weeks later we tried once more for about 20 mins and got it up to 9/10 then we started to us eit in matches and pretty much get it 10/10.

U just gotta know al the little tricks to it, i'm sure some1 else will take the time to explain, after all loads of other clans can do it.

Last edited:
yeah... its kinda hard to train on one map without a server of yuor own, and on utass or some other bookable servers you usually do something more useful:) and we aor members are also lazy sods:D

clanservers r00lz :D
:lol: it took us about 10 mins to perform atfer we all watched da ION DEMO :D
tho we dont uz it in CWs maybe we'r gonna if we get it working better :\ :lol:

Originally posted by xb7
i don't think that's the launch he means

what he means is the thing infront of the foxholes

two guys charge their hammers for the hammerlaunch then they place theirselfes next to each other as close as possible without touching the other one with the hammer then they aim at eachother's feet

a third guy jumps

and if everything's done right and with the right timing the guy should land in the guncavern

Can you show me this trick??

ok here is the one i know (slightly different from ion i bet)
when you walk out of the boat go as far right as you can.
now walk up to where the sea washes up to the beach.
now put 2 players beside eachother (both crouching)
the one closest to the boat watches straight in front of him and does a secondary above the cliff.
the other 1 does a secondary above the cliff (above the guncavern window)
now both players charge their hammers and point em towards a focussed point (in the middle of the 2 players)
now the third guy jumps into the hammers and voila.
few notes
jump is incredibly hard so make sure u practice it a lot.
with hammerjump its easier but still difficult.
note 2.
when u do it like i told ya the sniper in the snipertower/guncavern cant spot ya.
point 3 make sure u learn 2 do it quickly.
6 rockets from the rockettower beachdefenders and a autocannon are looking your way if you dont practice it well.
fiddle around a bit with the secondaries and it should be no problem once u practice it enuff.