DoG Servers Update - January 2009

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh sorry guys - should've posted a notice about this...

Due to a hardware problem, the servers will be up and down until I can get a chance to replace the box itself. My host is getting a little narked with the reboot calls, and if it's becoming a daily occurrence, I may start to be charged :(

So far I've had to put some money down for a new server, but it won't get to me until next week at some point, and then I have to spend a few evenings getting it all configured before driving down to london some time in the next few weeks.

Result is - we may be without DoG servers for a few weeks.

I could bump the configs to another box temporarily if anyone has a dedi available until we're back up, but not sure if it's worth it right now.

Last edited:
damn im bored :(

setup some paypal donation page and ill gives sum money as im sure many will

PINNY TOLD ME HE WANTS TO HOST IT FOR FREE!

Timo please PM me with paypal details and how much money you need. I will try to help as soon as possible.

I've had a server running for some time now, tho no one plays on it ever afaik :P
unreal://82.94.241.251:7787 -- pinny's Public Assault Server (thoroughly fucked configuration with mapvote, but DM/DOM/CTF too lol)

If people are actually wanting to play on it, I don't mind putting some effort into the config. I've got more than enough bandwidth left per month on that server to waste on you addicts anyway.
Or if DoG allows it I can make a fake DoG pound for the time being ;)

But well, most people (me included) have DoG servers in their favorites and don't really look at the assault tab anyway :p:

I've had a server running for some time now, tho no one plays on it ever afaik :P
unreal://82.94.241.251:7787 -- pinny's Public Assault Server (thoroughly fucked configuration with mapvote, but DM/DOM/CTF too lol)

If people are actually wanting to play on it, I don't mind putting some effort into the config. I've got more than enough bandwidth left per month on that server to waste on you addicts anyway.
Or if DoG allows it I can make a fake DoG pound for the time being ;)

But well, most people (me included) have DoG servers in their favorites and don't really look at the assault tab anyway :p:

I've only seen Pinny's UT realm and that's pw protected but I know the pw so it's no problem for me :P

I think just having any server for people to play on is good, but the =]DoG[= tag makes people play on it... DFP is kind of crap and ~dzz~ UT server hasn't seen any traffic either due to DoG servers being down. Assault is going to die without DoG servers.

Assault has basically died without =]DoG[= servers. Hope that shows to ya'll how important you guys are :p:

'//3iRd(o) is the man the praise.
DoG members contribute to the running etc of then DoG servers....but Weirdo does all the work.
Send him a few quid/bucks/euros etc to make it worth his while.

Status
Not open for further replies.