December Booking Rule

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Crazy Squirrel

<b>***** *****istrator</b><br>Keeper of the BOOM S
May 28, 2001
London, UK
For those (silly people) that don't read the news page:

"BOOKINGS FOR YOUR 4th OPTIONAL MATCH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT HAVE BOTH BOOKED YOUR 3 REQUIRED GAMES"

Do not waste my time with invalid bookings! If your really not sure drop me an icq!

I have uploaded the temp schedule for december so you can see which slots will play which. However as there are still games left in the month plus the chance that a clan may retire I cannot put promotions/relegations in yet.

I can tell you though that there will not be any playoffs at the end of this month. Unless 2 clans finish on the same points and only one can move.

:D

Edit: ok its not on the news page yet as i dont seem to be able to find the right pw :P
Edit: Italic bit changed from 'these'

Last edited:
I'd like to say that I can't see why a 4th match can be optional..
I say either we all play 3 or we all play 4...
Otherwise some clans can crap an advantage over others :eek:

Just a thought :D

Originally posted by Crazy Squirrel
Points are being reset anyways swyzz :P
Yeah, but the points wont be reset till after promotions have taken place.... so it would be possible to play an extra game and possibly get extra points and get promoted coz your clan plays 4 matches, where the previous top clan only played 3.
:confused: Or am I wrong??
It has happened before ...

We did the same thing last year if i rememeber correctly, although as all matches were choose your own opponent ION had a few more problems getting matches that month than usual.

Basically its 4 matches a month, but as its christmas and that we'll let u off having to waste RL family time and just accept you playing 3.
So to those clans that need it its just a method to stop them getting penalised for failure to play 4 games - for those clans that don't its business as usual (except possibly harder to get an opponet).

If your that intrested in promotion then play 4 matches. :D But if you lose your 4th match then u'll be even worse off :P

I see where u are coming from, but better you to be penalised by not gaining/losing x points by not taking an optional match than to return to the HZ for not playing 4 games.

As for promotion the fact we need 1 extra clan in each division will make it a little easier - although im not sure which way this is going to be done yet.

I´m lost somewhere...

Uhm, since we don´t have playoffs for December, where is BO going to?

Staying Div3 or moving up to last slot in Div2? (Since <<NULL>> left the League :P) - This means, SUYM is going up automatically, not because of Relegation, so we move up to their spot and get relegated too?

Don´t wanna be in Div2 next Month :P

:confused:
Help!

:lol: If u dont want to go to div 2 lose some matches and u will stay in div 3.
DWAP does it also they could easely win from si><th or even ion but they have fun div 5 so that is y they lose,
they do it on purpose so they can stay in div 5.

Originally posted by Lawless
:lol: If u dont want to go to div 2 lose some matches and u will stay in div 3.
Bah, we dont wanted to move up this month !! How can u lose matches if u already played all 4? :rolleyes:
Well it looks like thats where your going.
How much money u want for manipulating the Table and let BO in Div3? :P
Originally posted by MadMax
Give BO the <<NULL>> slot
Nooooooooooo :shout:

Uhm, this would pay the Server for 12 Months, but.. Div3 for £400/month ... :rolleyes:

NoNo, gimme the Div1 - #1 Spot for it, then u get the money :P :P :P

I see where u are coming from, but better you to be penalised by not gaining/losing x points by not taking an optional match than to return to the HZ for not playing 4 games.
Hell yeah!
I am finishing work on Friday, and I intend to spend December
in a drunken stupor, so, the less matches where I have to pretend to be sober, the better
:boozer: :party2: :jd: :party2: :beer:

help!! :)

OK, its late, I'm tired, pissed, and have 3 friends currently snoring drunkenly on my living room floor, so bear with my stupid question:

All i have to do is book 3 matches for my clan in December, that is all? Or is there (*blerp, x'cuse me*) anything blindingly obvious I have missed?

[flames/sarky comments on the back of a postcard to the usual address please]
:D :eek:

Last edited:
no catch thuring :)

you can play either 3 or 4 if u want... if u don't got time to play 4 matches u can play 3 ... :) if not u can still choose to just play 3 or sth.

Yes, as long as the 3 are the required ones as shown in the schedule. The only match you are allowed to miss is the optional one.