Dark UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=U-T-U=-

Feb 15, 2003
Sprang - Capelle -NL
When I run UT at OpenGl, my UT is very dark and it cant change the brightness in the preferences coz it doesnt have any effect on it. Anyone has an idea of how to solve this?

Same here which is why I use D3D. Never got a solution to the OGL thing though, and one would come in handy for when D3D is getting messed up :P

start UT then go to preference change video driver to d3d.
d/l directx 8.1 or 9.x something to get more out of it.

-=U-T-U=- said:
When I run UT at OpenGl, my UT is very dark and it cant change the brightness in the preferences coz it doesnt have any effect on it. Anyone has an idea of how to solve this?
yep, it's like that for a lot of people, which is why a lot of GL users were so pissed off with the levelinfo brightness tweak blocked.

use 3.9 drivers and newest open gl render 4 ut and prob is solved.. tho newer drivers work aloth better 4 2k4.. dunno if 4.4 fixed the gamma correction in opengl tho..?

3.9 or 3.10's work since then all ati did was break gamma support ever more for opengl.

humph nvidia dont have any problems with gamma so it's just you.

Right... but 4.1 wasnt a big deal :\

Anyway... does 4.4 do anything about it? wanna know if its worth dling em on ISDN. Better performance in 2k4?

would'nt know have'nt got a computer atm people said they fix loads of stuff except opengl gamma :/

And for those with nVidia cards (me) ... ur fucked.
With the original UT-drivers OpenGL was very dark on Nvidia cards, but with the new OpenGL driver for UT the brightness is fine.
Dunno what card-type or Forceware(Detonator) driver you use.

atm people said they fix loads of stuff except opengl gamma
You really thought that ATI will fix the UT-gamma problem?
UT isn't an important game anymore and UT2k3/4 runs in D3D. So i guess ATI don't care about this failure anymore.

go in UnrealTournament.ini and search for
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]

just add these lines there:

GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.120000

then it should be better :P