Crysis Demo

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Thanks for link, I was downloading yesterday but it was really slow.

I wish I had DX10 to properly test the game.

Me 2, i have a dx 10 card but im not buying vista just to use it. Anyone know of any other ways to get DX10 onto XP?

Well I have Vista, I bought laptop for uni and it came with Home Premium, so I was thinking of maybe switching the two over, but it seems like alot of effort.

You would need to reactivate your Vista Home Premium by calling the microsoft helpdesk.

third demo this month that isnt working properly! :!ola:
First CoD4, then UT3 and now crysis. Everything in game looks black and VERY dark (has nothing to do with brightness).

Hm i have Myself a 8800 GTx and Only XP cauz i dont like Vista atm , and the Demo is Running with DX9 so no Problem .

The game Looks Good , not so good as i Hope , maybe couz i dont have the DX10 effects .
For me The demo makes no Fun , just a Shooter :( . No need to Buy the Game. And what i Hate in Demo´s is that i Cant brake the Intro bahh !

Hm i have Myself a 8800 GTx and Only XP cauz i dont like Vista atm , and the Demo is Running with DX9 so no Problem .

The game Looks Good , not so good as i Hope , maybe couz i dont have the DX10 effects .
For me The demo makes no Fun , just a Shooter :( . No need to Buy the Game. And what i Hate in Demo´s is that i Cant brake the Intro bahh !

Hellgate london coming real soon though :)

Csssius u play the Hellgate Demo :) ? . After Playing it i was a Bit Disappointed from Hellgate. The Level Design is hm You run and run an then The Level Ends and u Must run Back. The Monster Models also not so much.
I Play the Beta atm 2 and i feel its Like Diablo 1 in 3d . The Game have the Good thinks From Diablo 1 and also the Bad ones.

Well Crysis runs awesome on full settings and rez and the game is superb, really amazing. Have nothing but nice things to say.

I heard there will be a gore setting, as right now when you shoot the enemies when dead you see no effects to the body.

Its fantasic, might actually fraps some of it.

Well Crysis runs awesome on full settings and rez
Well, it seems as if you are among the few who can get it to run properly on highest settings. ;)

After downloading the beta forceware 169.01 drivers (recommended for the demo), it runs smooth for me at 1680x1050 with everything on high, and no AA.
But that's in DX9, can't even get it to run in DX10 after the new gfx driver.
I can only hope this isn't the final optimization though, I wanna run on Very High! :P

Well, it seems as if you are among the few who can get it to run properly on highest settings. ;)

After downloading the beta forceware 169.01 drivers (recommended for the demo), it runs smooth for me at 1680x1050 with everything on high, and no AA.
But that's in DX9, can't even get it to run in DX10 after the new gfx driver.
I can only hope this isn't the final optimization though, I wanna run on Very High! :P

Well AFAIK very high is only for DX10 and I run XP.

Also I'm using current official drivers not the beta forceware without any problems.

thanks for torrent link, much better!

Games seems awesome, love it to bits, though it makes me a little tearful that it recommends I only run it on medium :| Haven't found anything I don't like yet, shooting trees down is wicked.

Ahhh I love it!! :D

But what's the game actually like? Never mind the feckin graphics, what's the point of the game and how does it play?

Good thing about the game is that it won't be the same when you play it. If I remember right the game has more than 10 different ways of playing the game. If you change the outcome of an assignment it will alter the next step and it will be different next time you play it. It will be another experience for each player depending on how they play the mission compared to others. Play the demo and you will see for yourself. I've got around different objectives now when I played the demo through for second time.
The ending is altough the same but it's different from start depending on how you play it through.

This makes sense? I don't know :P