Crosshairs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
Okay, I must've searched the forums a billion times, but I can't find the post where Psychotic has a link to his dot cross-hair whose center isn't off. Anyone have it?

Also, the AS-HelmsDeep link doesn't work…

ShellXHairs.Dot

I believe this is the one.
Hope the attachment works :P

Attachments

• ShellXHairs.zip
    907 bytes · Views: 121
I want a colorchanging crosshair when u look at bright( to red/blue or black)/dark (to white or yellow) things

Micro said:
I want a colorchanging crosshair when u look at bright( to red/blue or black)/dark (to white or yellow) things
Imo that shouldn't be allowed as it gives you an unfair advantage against ppl that dont have it.

In 136 you can add an opaque layer to the crosshair to prevent the "blindness" effect when aiming on a v bright background.

Just want to point out, as u may have read in that guide by now, that the texture has to be greyscale, i.e. its monochrome, so no bi- or polycolor chrosshairs. Ut provides the hue and saturation - the color part -, u just provide the intensity/brightness.
In other words, nothing but monochrome xhairs, so if u wanna have a animation of 2 smilies humping as your xhair, u have to do it in 1 color only. One amusing thing u could try, is to take some of the anemote textures, convert to 64x64 and use them to...
When we get to use 136, u can use the 'opaque' layer thingy to provide black/dark edges to make it look more realistic :) Dunno if that also has to be monochrome. Polle?

Humph said:
Imo that shouldn't be allowed as it gives you an unfair advantage against ppl that dont have it.

wellI heard in my class that in counterstrike its allowed to have that

Micro said:
wellI heard in my class that in counterstrike its allowed to have that
this aint counterstrike. Imo importing your own textures and using them as crosshairs is the same as hacking.

Should be banned imo. Unfair advantage.

Humph said:
this aint counterstrike. Imo importing your own textures and using them as crosshairs is the same as hacking.

Should be banned imo. Unfair advantage.

well in cs there's 1 default chair like u maybe know and the tweak I said is allowed...

i agree with humpo, changing crosshairs is EXACTLY the same idea as turning screen shaking off. After all, you are doing it to gain an advantage over others arent you? So it should be banned.

:ban:

To further prove my point, u could develop a crosshair for every ripper shot which allows u to line it up perfectly every time (if u were sad enough). And this is well dodgy imo! :mad: :ban: