Crashing Clients on v130+ Servers

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
A number of players have reported that they are experiencing frequent crashes when playing on v130+ servers. Frequently the Console is also displayed just before the crash.

This problem appears to be connection / load based (load on the server and/or load on the client). There is a delay in replication (data copy to/from the client) which is manifesting itself in 2 ways. Either the Client Options for LeagueAS aren't being replicated quickly enough, this will cause the following error; "LeagueAssault: Cannot locate clients options, prepare for lots of errors!", followed by a large number of other errors to appear in your log file. This in itself is either crashing the client or slowing the client down so that CSHP doesn't replicate properly and the client gets kicked and crashed for a hacked client.

I am looking into and trying to resolve the problem. Firstly the next version will not crash your client unless it finds a known cheat, it will simply disconnect you from the server. The crashing feature was built into CSHP by the CSHP team and LeagueAS inherited this when I integrated it into LeagueAS. I beleive this penalty is too harsh if CSHP isn't able to actually identify the hack as a known cheat. In addition the errors caused by the client options not replicating quickly enough (identifiable by the "LeagueAssault: Cannot locate clients options, prepare for lots of errors!", message in your log) will no longer occur.

What can you do in the mean time? Well most people can't change their PC specs or connection. Increasing your netspeed may help speed up the replication process thus reducing the problem. Disabling the Extended HUD with "ToggleExtendedHUD" could help too, since it is this that generates all the error messages on a failure to correctly replicate the Client Options.

I will try and have the next version released asap :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

fs fix that bug !!!!:throw:

3 crashes in 1 hour not funny:bah:

Last edited:
I have spoken to Phear about this. Both Snuggles and Starlight are clanmates of mine and play on Orange Standard Maps a lot.

Phear has suggested a fix in another thread, which I am unable to implement until at least Tuesday (02/april/02), so lets see how this progresses before we flame any more.

Any one who experiences this on either Orange standard or extra maps, or any of the utassault server 3's (6v6,4v4,2v2 etc) please speak to me or Phear (nicely, we do have feelings), before you decide to post a flame.

Thanks

Sullen_Scrota

(edit for date fix, I cant type)

Sounds good to me... I've been having those crashes for ages now.

Also been accused of cheating because I always had to reconnect :rolleyes:

:thumb:

I had some crashes on mapstart last nite, ut.log said something about "failed" and something about an non standard skin I used... Gonna see if putting back soldier skin will fix that :)

Originally posted by Towanda
I had some crashes on mapstart last nite, ut.log said something about "failed" and something about an non standard skin I used... Gonna see if putting back soldier skin will fix that :)
I always have known it!! u che4t444h!!! :nono:

All Orange Assault servers now run LeagueAS133a

If you still experience PC crashes on Orange Servers, let me or Phear know, and I'm sure we can arrange to have a look at whats going on.

Originally posted by Sullen_Scrota
All Orange Assault servers now run LeagueAS133a

If you still experience PC crashes on Orange Servers, let me or Phear know, and I'm sure we can arrange to have a look at whats going on.
Happened last nite on Orange Extra Maps, but i told ya already :P

What´s the result so far? :rolleyes:

Proph,

After a quick chat with the great God Phear :bowdown:

The server was kicking everyone trying to join an Eavy map, because it uses a custom package.

Quote "trouble is CSHP picks it up as a cheat, how big is EavyAssaultPlus.u?"

and the fix

"right add EavyAssaultPlus to the serverpackages, that should fix it."

Which is exactly what I did, and it should be running fine now.

Its a side effect of increased protection I put into CSHP, any custom packages used by maps (such as EavyAssaultPlus) have to be put in the serverpackages so that it knows they are valid files that have been CRC checked on the client.

i just had it the first time on orange with v134 (never had it before though). i reconnected and after the 2nd or 3rd time it worked