College machines

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Humph

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_tro
Jan 7, 2003
A padded cell
And belive it or not, the IT students have more access rights than the other students.

Attachments

• Access Denied.jpg
    Access Denied.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 50
Isn't it to stop chavey wannabie student haxx0rs like yourself from fucking up the machine?

Defrag is a known system destruction tool.

Martz said:
Isn't it to stop chavey wannabie student haxx0rs like yourself from fucking up the machine?

Certainly, but the IT students are mainly sweaty goth types.

[quote='//3iRd(o)]Why would you want/need to do any of those things anyway? :|[/quote]
Generally makes it much easier to come up with all the evidence and documentation needed to go with my course, and to memorise every inch of the OS for the MSCA/E and A+ exams.

Also, there are quite a few machines with incorrect date/time settings, display settings, etc.
Date/time in particular seriously pisses off the software dev students, and anyone else using any form of task scheduling

Last edited:
We have about the same shit on our pc's too... Not able to install anything, download anything, use MSN, can't change time/date, no working control panel, can't even delete old stuff from last years term now fs... the lamers up at the "attic" just suck ass

my last college i was at i had level 3 access rights :| DVD, Full Network, No Internet Filters, Unlimited Space, View / Edit User Accounts

i work in a college in the IT department

little fuck wits like you fucking about with pc's piss us off hence why they are so locked down

p.s crack LOVEs the COCK!

Last edited:
UK_Warrior said:
i work in a college in the IT department

little fuck wits like you fucking about with pc's piss us off hence why they are so locked down

:rolleyes: If I wanted to be a fuck wit I'd piss around with the bios settings, since they all have the same password "open" on those where they've actually fucking bothered to set one.

A while ago they kept leaving keyboard settings on American, which was a total pain in the arse as you had to go through the trouble of submitting a fault report to them, just for a "problem" that would take... what... 7 mouse clicks to fix?

The most anal thing they do is deny the use of task manager - which is fucking wonderful as if one pissy little application crashes it can force you to reboot the machine. I've found that using the command prompt and running task kill is still allowed though.

Until a while ago, you couldn't even stop a usb device in order to remove your pen drive without risking corrupting it. Twunts.

Our current source of amusement is the fact that every machine has a usb mouse, plugged into a usb/ps2 converter - even though the machines have SIX usb ports each.
I can't think of a legitimate way to fill 6 usb ports in college, so why they felt the need for a hundred or so £4.50 usb/ps2 converters is beyond me.

Humph said:
:rolleyes: If I wanted to be a fuck wit I'd piss around with the bios settings, since they all have the same password "open" on those where they've actually fucking bothered to set one.

A while ago they kept leaving keyboard settings on American, which was a total pain in the arse as you had to go through the trouble of submitting a fault report to them, just for a "problem" that would take... what... 7 mouse clicks to fix?

The most anal thing they do is deny the use of task manager - which is fucking wonderful as if one pissy little application crashes it can force you to reboot the machine. I've found that using the command prompt and running task kill is still allowed though.

Until a while ago, you couldn't even stop a usb device in order to remove your pen drive without risking corrupting it. Twunts.

Our current source of amusement is the fact that every machine has a usb mouse, plugged into a usb/ps2 converter - even though the machines have SIX usb ports each.
I can't think of a legitimate way to fill 6 usb ports in college, so why they felt the need for a hundred or so £4.50 usb/ps2 converters is beyond me.
dont think they re that much :p
bought an optical usb mouse for 14 euros i think and there was a usb/ps2 converter that came with it
also i believe almost all new computers support 6 usb ports~~

but i agree that its a pain in the ass to have literally no privileges on a computer