Captains picking maps !!!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

maybe this belongs here too..

Maybe some people can come up with an idea to avoid the stupid time between the signup list filling up and two captains volunteering.

Why the fuck is nobody signing up as captains ? what is the problem.

coz its always the same ppl, me, met, fu2, html, cloud, zyx.

iv probs missed few ppl! and when ur captain every1 expects tactics etc and sumtimes u cba! So imo it shud be made random idd! it takes 2 long

tacs :lol: you can use TS which is fair enough, and otherwise if youre gonan do a launch its np asking for it in chat or TS

people have been playing for years, they should know where to defend .. :)

coz its always the same ppl, me, met, fu2, html, cloud, zyx.

iv probs missed few ppl! and when ur captain every1 expects tactics etc and sumtimes u cba! So imo it shud be made random idd! it takes 2 long

what morph says... being captain can be a pain in the ass sometimes... ESPECIALLY when people refuse to play a map or get on teamspeak....

but sadly, I don't think that random captains is the answer to our problem, i've seen it used what 3 or 4 times only? but each time with disastrous consequences, the appointed captains were mad and didn't want to captain and either didn't give tacs in the pug, or in the worst cases, picked shitteams and shitmaps massively. Perhaps there should be an all random option to speed things up where captains players and maps are all picked randomly.

The beauty of PUG is that it is like a proper match. Having tactics is an important part of that.

Having captains that know the other players' abilities works best because then we get balanced(ish) teams = GG
If we had random captains it would lead to imballanced teams and a bad a BG :(

Map choice is irespective, although a balance of what the captain likes and what peeps want to play works best.

If a captain wants to play Seige III or a new map for testing then that's OK, as long as the rest of the map list is popular choice.

(I know Seige III aint available anymore, it's an example of an "unpopular" map favoured by the minority)

Ye, that's why I haven't capn'd, haven't been around for a few months and forgot where people play. It's no fun having a captain that gives you shit tactics or puts you in a position you blatantly can't defend, like telling me to snipe on bridge when it can't even snipe a man standing 5 meters in front of me :rofl:

Ye, that's why I haven't capn'd, haven't been around for a few months and forgot where people play. It's no fun having a captain that gives you shit tactics or puts you in a position you blatantly can't defend, like telling me to snipe on bridge when it can't even snipe a man standing 5 meters in front of me :rofl:

means you can snipe tho just not aim :<

Anyways captains are rare in UTApug, basically because none wants to do tacs, do it like Cloud did the other day lowest spot gets to do the tactics. Imo i could careless if you like a map or not it's in the list now.

You got a few choices
1) you don't want to play the map don't pug up
2) captain yourself
3) vote the map out on forums
4) don't play that certain map at all
5) don't show up

Basically what i'm saying is if you don't bother captaining yourself and getting on a team that you don't want and the maplist is shit, too fucking bad it's a PUG. A PickUp Game. It won't (always) be to your satisfaction and deal with that, ok!

Yeah I agree Zyx :thumb:

To be honest, #utapug has a great maplist, there aren't any AWFUL maps. We could be playing AS-Wolf or AS-Mine or Guardia even, BioAssault is a shit map by our standards I think, but it could be a lot worse, you chose to play the game, you've chosen to play the maps.

:lol: @ Smantie's sig....

[22:03] <utaBot1> 2:00 : ~dzz~Fuler: thx dogs, ¨this server is realy better for me(but still suck - internet )
[22:45] <utaBot1> 4:15 : ~dzz~Batman!: could we change to dzz practice server please?
[22:45] <utaBot1> 4:15 : ~dzz~Fuler:
[22:46] <utaBot1> 4:15 : 30 seconds until game start!
[22:46] <utaBot1> 4:15 : ~dzz~Fuler: it will lags for all!

Fuler is such a nice guy we changed server halfway through a match.....reset score to 0-0 from 4-0 in our favour.

Jees them =]DoG[= guys are just the worst :nono: :o

Following the thread tho.....perhaps we should increase it to 6 maps, and each player does tacs for one map ?

...or the number of maps alters according to team sizes ?

Last edited:
Following the thread tho.....perhaps we should increase it to 6 maps, and each player does tacs for one map ?

...or the number of maps alters according to team sizes ?

Make an UTApug Tacticviewer. Both teams use same tacs and captain just give out the number of pos :P

Problem of all of this is that there are like ~20 people playing this PUGs every day and there are only a few that can be arsed to set the PUG up in captaincy mode. Noone can ever be arsed to captain and people would even wait a couple of hours doing nothing instead of being a captain and choosing players and maps.

If i play, i usually captain just because i cba to wait to play this game, i haven't got all day ffs. I don't captain because i like to pick teams or maps, and no, i won't do tactics either (unless i feel like it, lol). Stop telling captains to make tactics or choose certain maps because THEY captained, not the other lazy asses that just wait and see the pug being set up for them. If u want or not want certain maps then captain instead of always moaning from the sideline. There are even certain people *cough* that ALWAYS name maps that need to be picked. Just stfu and captain yourself then. FS!

tbh bring back siege 3

my tactic worked fine I think

Im gonna captain in 20 seconds and pick siege 3.

both options were either
1) 2 people capped fast cuz they didn't want to play siege3 (which is fine for everyone me included since we didn't wait 10+ minutes)
2) I captained and picked siege 3 (which was fine by me atleast since I really liked to play the map, and I also always gave tactics for all the maps in that pug)

It was a win - win situation tbh.

tbh bring back siege 3

my tactic worked fine I think

Im gonna captain in 20 seconds and pick siege 3.

both options were either
1) 2 people capped fast cuz they didn't want to play siege3 (which is fine for everyone me included since we didn't wait 10+ minutes)
2) I captained and picked siege 3 (which was fine by me atleast since I really liked to play the map, and I also always gave tactics for all the maps in that pug)

It was a win - win situation tbh.

no burn siege3 plz

the problem is that "some" peeps cap 3 times in a row ...........and votes 3 times siege3
even after the other players asked them to not vote it again :o

there are 90% of the peeps that don´t like that map
and their saturday/sunday afternoon is f00ked :x

same goes 4 bio...

and to solve the cap problem
maybe randcap after 5 minutes would be good...if that´s possible

and about siege3...
the map has to much different ways
the map has FPS issues 4 some peeps
and the map got a totally aweful gameplay...even if both teams know the map

Last edited: