bright/dark problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Op1uM

Fakenicker!
Jul 25, 2002
hello

recently my monitor kinda died so i put my old one which still works
it works fine for any things i throw at it, even other games.

but for some reason my UT is very dark, even with all the bright settings to max (monitor's setting inclued)
i tryed to delete user.ini/unrealtournament.ini but it didn't change anything :(
in some areas of maps i can't hardly see anything fs
as i said, my actual monitor show everything normal .. only UT is fooking up
any idea ? :(

darkul2.jpg

A) Are you running UT in windowed mode? Windowed mode shows everything VERY dark no matter what.
B) Have you maxxed the brightness on your gfx card?

You can also go into UT, open console > type "preferences" and go to "Display" - there you can tinker around with dynamic lighting and stuff, and you can set the option "NoLighting" to "True" and everything should look quite a bit brighter but it'll look ridiculous...

A) no
B) i tryed, but then it make the rest too much bright, i would need a profile that i use with UT every times :s

but i kinda fixed the prob, i changed my monitor refreshing rate from 60 Hz to 120 Hz ... and it now looks less dark .. uh? lol