Bombing Run League

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

{SUYM} are looking for a BR league as well, preferably non-TL i guess

Only atm only league seems to be Clanbase, no matches played yet and no match rules posted so far.....

No one has said this community or league Has to die.

cant you start a new league for ut2003 up?
BB or DD or UT2003:C or ut2003Assault?

Originally posted by zombie
No one has said this community or league Has to die.

cant you start a new league for ut2003 up?
BB or DD or UT2003:C or ut2003Assault?
:scared:
I dont see why not (apart from not having any servers available at the moment) need to figure out how to set up servers for a war and how the rules would work in comparison to UT, but i dont see why in theory it couldnt be done.
BUT I have been told that it would be a bit silly, but I am not sure why .......
:scared:

I didn't say UTA was gonna die :P Hopefully the forums will stay for a long time but the current leagues will eventually die out, still got 80 odd squads so still a way to go.

We could probably switch all 6 main servers over to uk2k3 BR, DD, Assault, Conflict or something else but that would pretty much kill the assault leagues. In other words imo this place isn't changing much in the short term, its not time to pack it in yet.

I guess a league could be setup for say BR and for the time being (like every other ladder) games are played on clanservers...but theres not even many of them yet.

BUT.....The difficulty is choosing the direction(s) that the majority are happy with, and that arse can code. TDM, DD, BR, CTF, Unreal:Conflict, RoAR Assault, a combination of them, some weird LG iG QuadJump Bigheads league....
:teehee:
When it comes down to it the decision lies with the people who own and pay for things and put their time into the place. Discussions amonst these people which i expect which will start cropping up soon..... I have my own half thought out vision :P, which may or may not align with the others.

Back to the subject of clanbase, every clan in the BR league has a flag from a european country. And the first match has now been played without match rules lol. http://www.clanbase.com/rating.php?lid=695

I'm not a fan of ladders at all, too much room for abuse X(

And they're made by peeps without the dedication and passion of some that we have become accustomed to. (Cheers guys :D)

Still not sure if I like BR... need to get some friendlies going to see how it plays with some tactics.

Integrating UT2003 leagues into utassault.net makes no sense to me at all really, for exactly the same reasons that we never ran DM, CTF or DOM UTleagues either. utassault.net is and always will be a UT Assault community, until there isn't enuf ppl to support it. I mean the very name in itself shows that. Those within the community who want to move on to other games will be spread very thinly across a wide range of games, not just the different UT2003 mods, but other games too , SOF, BF1942, or whatever, we couldn't possibily support them all. All of the servers except for Servers 5 & 6 aren't really powerful enuf for UT2003, at least not 12 players as they are used for atm and if we run UT2003 servers on them we'd have to take UT off.

As for what will happen to the community. Well me and Martz have been in discussion about the forums, and there is a direction emerging there. The domain, "utassault.net" will be up for renewal sometime around Feb/Mar next year I think, i'll probably not renew it (that doesn't mean if there is anything left of the league it has to die, just move to another address).

The league system is available to anyone who wants to use it for another league maybe, it was originally developed by me but arse has made some hefty modifications, so you'll probably have to get permission from him, but if you want a complete league system in a box its there.

If you want to start a BR or whatever league I suggest your best plan of action is to get yourself a domain, some PHP space and talk to arse (if he's interested of course) about modifying the site, aside from content the changes should be pretty minimal. Then speak to ISP's about getting some servers, in the same way I did when starting uta :D