ATI RADEON 9600 Pro

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Scarab-

Nov 30, 2004
Germany
Hello

I bought myself a Radeon 9600 Pro ...before i got a GefOrce 4 Ti 4200 which was overclocked if i played offline i got 200-250 or sometimes 300 fps on deck16 even at BunnyTrack Online i got 200-300 fps.My new card doesn't even make 200 fps on deck 16 offline....i have newest driver and everything i turned of vsync and anti aliasing ...
How can i get more FPS now ?

greetz Scarab
________
Vaporizer manufacturers

Last edited:
Reactions: m1cr0
was your gf4 a 128MB model? tried latest drivers for the radeon ? (cat 4.12 I think)
if yes, do what poof said. sell the radeon on ebay. (but you will probably get better fps in HL2, Doom3 and Farcry etc. with the Radeon due to DirectX9 support)

once uve got a GF4 or higher the graphics card hardly make a diff to fps in UT, its cpu dependent. could be that ut isnt returning the correct fps, thats happened to me before, altho ws like 1500 rather than lower.. but nm

either way, unless that fps your getting is changing drastically between areas of the map, ie high poly counts, i really wouldnt worry. If it feels laggy when ur playing then you probs got a problem, try openGL, try a new ini, etc etc

subZ said:

It has been thought that some gamers develop their eyes while playing enough to see upto 80~85fps.
1] Install the new catalyst drivers
2] Check you haven't enabled all sorts of AA / etc shit on it
3] Check the Overdrive feature of the Radeon in its control panel for temperature and overclock as necessary.
or
4] What p00f said.

Last edited:
when i play with my 9800 pro i have 500 frames, i had the 9600xt 256mb and only had 379 frames !! but offline playing is shit then , ut run faste as u want :X onlien i have so 100 frames

Reactions: m1cr0
Miner said:
It has been thought that some gamers develop their eyes while playing enough to see upto 80~85fps.
appl.gif

well the point was that my gforce card was a cheap noname card and i think the card in the list is the 128 MB version of the card i only got the 64 mb version
________
Web shows

Last edited:
well m8 the upgrade from a overclocked 4200 to an 9600pro isn't very noticeable when you play with normal settings (without AA and without AF).
So it was a :throw: upgrade when ur Geforce was not damaged :p:.