AsthenosphereAL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
OK quite a few ppl have asked me to do an AsthenosphereAL now, so I may look into doing it. I wont be touching the map up until the air vent / observervation lounge, only altering it from that point forward to try and stop the spamtasticness of the final part of the map.

Just looking for peoples ideas on how to best do it, extra passages? Closer spawns? Anything other ideas?

Thanx

First keep all changes u done with leagueas

When offence gets to spam point move their spawn to inside air vents (where u launch) and block the vents up.

Another option which is a lot more work though is

* delete the spam point and instead have 2 fairly wide corridors go to the 'old' defenders spawnpoint

* remove the wpns and them boxes from 'old' defenders spawnpoint

* where old spampoint is, make it instead ike something on guardiaAL bridge so u can hammer up and take a shorter more direct route.

* put the new attackers spawnpoint somewhere above/behind the escape capsule so it's a bit of a run to get to final objective give them mini, g00 and maybe some rocks.

I think the attackers may need a bit more help than just having 3 routes, hard to say, but tweaking the distance the attackers have to run b4 they get to final objective or up front should prolly fix it.

Last edited:
just once u reach spam point move their spawn to inside air vents and block the vents up would prolly work.

I dunno what u mean Ace?

* where old spampoint is, make it instead ike something on guardiaAL bridge so u can hammer up and take a shorter more direct route.

I think this would work great by itself, but removing some defender's ammo would help a lot too (too many rocket packs :\ )

I have ideas, yes. but I dont want you to have too much work on this m8 :), so some "shorties" (?) here:

-when airvents breached, let the attackers spawn in Area C where the ASMD is, and not in the real Air vents/Tunnels, cos they're just annoying to get out of.
- if you do so, put an RL somewhere there, and ammo
- in those two tunnels after Area C where there are 4 health vials and 1 thigh pad each, replace the left and the right vial with ASMD ammo. (in both tunnels)
- in the 2nd Cryopods room (after airvents breached), replace the ASMD with a minigun and put 1 thigh pad in front of the door to bridge (for defenders that is).
- in observation lounge @ def's spawns, there are two ammopacks for RL and ASMD each side. remove one of the two ammopacks per weapon. (both sides)
- put health packs (+20) on the way to escape pod @ Observation lounge (in those two big "tunnels" on left and right, there at the side some packs each.)
-After Observation lounge access granted, let the attackers spawn either on bridge where the switch for Lounge is, or b4 that in front of the Cryopods. Add ASMD and RL + ammo + 1 armor to that new spawn then.

ok thx m8 thats what I can think of atm, could be done with mutator I think so no need for editing the map which would be more work I suppose ( I dont know uEd at all)
;)

The only thing for me that messes the map up is the spam point

im sure most people will agreee that astheno is a great map and as such doesnt need to be ripped apart.

The only thing IMHO that needs changing is after the Observation Lounge switch where it splits into the two ramps leading to the spam point.

I think they should carry on straight so you have two entrancces to the observation lounge thus splitting the spam up.

Does that make sense?

If it doesnt Phear just ICQ me fs

Just had a look at beta, it looks just right to me, quiet a few new little moves we can start practicing :)

Spam point should be solved as well

Here you go, download away:

AS-AsthenosphereALBeta3.zip

This should be the final version assuming no major bugs are found. I'll try and get it on some servers for testing :)

Oh and it needs the ABP mutator (which I will include in the final zip), which you can get from the downloads section here.

Thanx to everyone who helped me out with the testing and suggestions today :)

any chance of turning that huge flame cylinder into a sky box or just around the end sequence ship cos i think thats dropping framerates quite badly.

Id suggest having it for the end sequence and have that as the sky box with it just showing the flames, should increase fps for most people i hope ;)

changes are great

astenophear isnt one of my fav maps anyway

but this is a deff improvement

found a couple of texture glitches

lost the screenie to one of them
http://www.infinitegames.co.uk/glitch.jpg

ill take another pic of the second glitch when i find it again :p

Opti

Last edited:
can't view the pics opti put links to
but I found 2 glitches as well, probably the same onces

oene is as u come up past the vents on right side, just at end of slope and other one as I said yesterday near defensive armour first spawn which i told ya about yesterday.

I also come across a weird offencive spawn bug, i got the vents, went up to the door without getting switch, got killed there, then wtf I started at very first spawn, got the switch, spawned at vents spawn.

I am not surprised @ the geometry / texture glitches this map is a total and utter nightmare to rebuild, just a rebuild without any modifications threw up a whole load of HOMs and invisible walls. It took me about an hour to make the modifications and about 2 hours to remove all the god damn glitches, I'll take a look but unless they are serious I'd prefer not to have to rebuild it again, arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh. I'll take a look at the spawn points, I had to change all the start spawn point tags so if you could tell me exactly where you spawned as I propably missed one.

Thanx

Well I found the glitch near the air vents, I'll try and patch it up but if it throws up another 5000 glitchs I'm going to kill someone. Couldn't find the other one you mentioned by the armour.

Found what causes the spawn point bug, of you beach the airvents from the left vent, it will change the spawn points, then if you go through the right vent, it will change them back again, DOH!

I already did find it, but ddin't mention it specifically

went up to the door without getting switch, got killed there

the door u can almost walk through, so u just stuck a huge kill trigger there that echos 'die!'

Just notice u got rid of some, maybe even all of the invis walls near the end, makes hamerjumping up a lot easier now :)

can't find anything major, just another texture bug in reactor room on the beam above the water

Attachments

• shot0023.jpg
    shot0023.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 126