Assault Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AS-Shutthefuckupcyzshhhhhh!
by Mr X

Im sworn to secrecy and the beta i have is not for public consumption, all i can say is that in ut99 it was one of the best maps ever! The author is now updating his classic for 2k4 but wants to keep it as a surprise, dont expect an official map release for a few months. From the beta i have i can tell it will make it into my ownage list easily, great gameplay=ownage map.

;)

And may be it is time to have more maps in the League?

It would be more exiting for people to play matches if the map list was more interesting.

I for my part is getting a bit bored with the standard maps.

Joko suggested a map like Osaka. I think it is good.
Others could be Castle, Guardia2K4,Frigate2K4 etc.

I did suggest it before, but mainly cos its pretty, as cyz pointed out in his post it could be well spammy, but i havent played it 6v6 with ppl that know how to link yet ;)

I really hope that secret map aint the same map that lone and I have been workiing on, it's an ex ut99 map too. I really hope not because we have spent a lot of time on this. We have to sort out some permission issues with a few people but as soon as we have this resolved I'll get some screenshots up for you. Let me just assure you, this map has never looked so damn good, custom textures going in all over the place, hand photoshoped. Also, we are well into the planning stage for meteora, it will be featuring a parachute jump and hovercrafts amongst other things! Urban assault is progressing slowly, haven't playtested it in a while, will be interesting to see it. I hope you can see our secret map fully released by the end of febuary, however, I will be posting testing versions on fraghub as soon as we are reasonably happy with it and permissions issues are sorted. As for the others, who knows, hopefully within six months, alpine is on hold as it will be a massive undertaking so we are currently trying to get a few quality maps out before commiting to a huge project like that.

What about - AS-Frigate2k4Finale Needs to be fixed on textures tho

as-frigate2k4finale_0.jpg

as-frigate2k4finale_2.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial]File Name: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]as-frigate2k4finale.zip[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]Author: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Horse[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]Gametype: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]UT2k4 Assault[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]Date: Added[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]10-20-2004[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]File Version: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]1.00[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]File Size: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]7.08 MB[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]Player Count: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]0 - 8[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial]Map Description: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]It is the finale version of AS-frigate 2k4, the remake of as-frigate, from d'unreal tournament. original map by shaun caudle. Hf[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Review Rating[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]-- [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]User Rating[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]7.5[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Overall Rating[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]-- [/font]

Last edited:
The maps that munkZ posted are good maps but i think some of the maps have to many turrets like overlord, lol there are about.. what 10 turrets in that map , is there any need in that :lol: :banghead:

Just remove the damn cannons.
We didn't have them in the UT99 version, and still a good map.

may i remind you that this is UT2k4 and not UT99 so plz stop comparing FS...
same as fraghub is not uta FS...

Felerian said:
may i remind you that this is UT2k4 and not UT99 so plz stop comparing FS...
same as fraghub is not uta FS...

OMFG. I usually agree with what you say about 2k4 stuff fele but enough of the same argument already. Whenever ANYONE criticizes ANY part of ut2004 they get about 10 ppl saying ... "its not ut99 you know". WE KNOW!!! but there are some parts of ut99 that made it flow well, and we shouldn't be TOO quick to forget them. I love the new cannons, but only when they are balanced well, like in Junkyard. In some maps it looks like the author has added a cannon simply because there was an empty looking space in his map and it can get ridiculous.

I really hope that secret map aint the same map that lone and I have been workiing on, it's an ex ut99 map too. I really hope not because we have spent a lot of time on this. We have to sort out some permission issues with a few people but as soon as we have this resolved I'll get some screenshots up for you. Let me just assure you, this map has never looked so damn good, custom textures going in all over the place, hand photoshoped. Also, we are well into the planning stage for meteora, it will be featuring a parachute jump and hovercrafts amongst other things! Urban assault is progressing slowly, haven't playtested it in a while, will be interesting to see it. I hope you can see our secret map fully released by the end of febuary, however, I will be posting testing versions on fraghub as soon as we are reasonably happy with it and permissions issues are sorted. As for the others, who knows, hopefully within six months, alpine is on hold as it will be a massive undertaking so we are currently trying to get a few quality maps out before commiting to a huge project like that.

Keep workin at it, it'll be appreciated when it arrives :D. Don't go overboard with new stuff tho cos ppl ain't gonna wanna d/l a 80 meg map. A small-medium map that has great gameplay is SO much more suited to league play than a huge and innovative map, just look at confexia!

Hey hey hey!
I had a REAL good time in Confexia, spending about 1 hour and 25 minutes to get the objectives done to finalize the map!
What more can you posible ask for?

ROFL!