assault league mutator

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

2Cb

Jun 8, 2001
Antwerp, Belgium
I have a little remark concerning the assault league muator.
I noticed it is easier to defend a map when the defending team attacks first. As long as you keep winning he maps you always get to,attck first. I personally think this is a bit unfair, as attack and defence should be switched by turns. Maybe a league mutator that switches def and attack turns each round might be usefull. ...or is it supposed to B that winning team get to attack first each subsequent round?? I don't really think that is 100% fair. Just let me know what you think about this issue.

Thx.

It's there for a reason namely to save time.
We have often defendeed overlord, hispeed, lava2, guardia, asthenosphere, even frigate and rook for teh full time. Makes clanmatches last a long time for no reason.

Last edited:
As Ace said the mutator has been set up specifically to let the winning team attack next round, and no clans objected it at the time of implementation, most were very happy to save some time when playing matches.

Without the mutator, the attacking team will be the one that the first player to join the server after a mapchange is on, ie. connection/hardware based, meaning that in a match setting (without teamchangers) the same team attacks pretty much all the time anyway. There's NO coded assault/defense order other than that.

As for fairness, I can't see what you mean. Some players like to defend first, some like to attack first, it all comes down to personal preferences.

Also, if you wanna keep discussing this topic, please move it to the UTA league forums :).

Can't u just move the utas forums here ?
but them in a seperate group ?
I mean only like 2 usa guys have posetd here so far.

Well, I dont see a big difference in attackin 1st or 2nd, its the same, so I prefer to let it as it is coz the timesafing is nice.

TAke Bridge for example, good team does it in 1min, so total time is 2mins 4 this map if they attack 1st. If other team attacks 1st it takes 16min+1min=17min, u safe 15mins, do the same with siege, lavafort and overlord and u can safe about 45min on 4maps:)

Well I'm just getting the impression it's easier to defend with a time you just scored then the whole map time....it's a psychological thing...but hey....I don't complain.....it's true bout the timesaving...

Allthough when a better team always plays first it is still not 100%....