Ash Cheat Protection ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

free^

- B-Boy -
Jun 27, 2001
Germany
The League AS Versions aren't compatible with Pure, so what about, we try to put ASH Cheat Protection on the UTA Leage servers? Maybe you already tested it?

Before you join the server, Ash searches for binds, hacks, tweaks, etc, so it will be almost impossible to have a tweaked .ini, wallhack, or something else...

I found this protection on a CTF Server and sometimes i played ffa, the server kicked a player "with" reason: The server shows you, which binds, hacks, tweaks the player is using...

So what about to install ash & test this protection on a server, which we can test until the decission is falled if it's possible with League AS or not?

AFAIK its been tried in the past, I think Psy told me theres some problems with it and leagueAS, not sure what tho.
ASH can be a right pain if not set up right, seen enough ppl kicked in ictf matches for binds that dont even do anything.

I believe it depends how ash is setup, can be done to kick, punish (no killing) or just change the binds to something else

We had it on «X» server for a while till we noticed it added about 10-15 to f6 ping permantly and made the server feel laggy when more than 2-3 people on screen at same time took it off perfect..

And ASH sometimes renames all your 'setname <nickname>' binds, because it thinks its a cheat. Then u gotta change all your binds from 'Cheat' to 'Setname <nickname>' again - which reall sucks imo. Altho i'd like to see it, cuz it works really well :) Mime has a good point too tho - useless kicks are annoying :/

leagueAS already adds around 10ms to F6 ping, so any other increases are just going to get more ppl complaining about it

Pete said:
And ASH sometimes renames all your 'setname <nickname>' binds, because it thinks its a cheat. Then u gotta change all your binds from 'Cheat' to 'Setname <nickname>' again - which reall sucks imo. Altho i'd like to see it, cuz it works really well :) Mime has a good point too tho - useless kicks are annoying :/

all you need to do there, is to rename the bind from "setname=" in "name=", works fine here on every ASH servers, never got kicked with these binds

Lil^free said:
all you need to do there, is to rename the bind from "setname=" in "name=", works fine here on every ASH servers, never got kicked with these binds

I got "name=" binds no "setname=" binds and I still had the prob on sum ASH servs :lol:

Yea i dno wtf ASH is thinking there :rolleyes: Mayb theres a solution for those problems so ASH can be runned, would be cool! Would need some leet coder like polle tho :p

8 play ictf so ive had to setup the server for that as well and CB players all want ghey cheat protection coz they trust nobody. You can alter the binds it scans for from webadmin, so its easy to do and play around with.

anti shock ho is wank tbh... it keeps saying i got an aimbot coz there is a throwarmour bind in my ini :|

Lil^free said:
The League AS Versions aren't compatible with Pure, so what about, we try to put ASH Cheat Protection on the UTA Leage servers? Maybe you already tested it?

Before you join the server, Ash searches for binds, hacks, tweaks, etc, so it will be almost impossible to have a tweaked .ini, wallhack, or something else...

I found this protection on a CTF Server and sometimes i played ffa, the server kicked a player "with" reason: The server shows you, which binds, hacks, tweaks the player is using...

So what about to install ash & test this protection on a server, which we can test until the decission is falled if it's possible with League AS or not?

ASH was a good protection about 1 year ago, it's not very useful now any more, it can be bypassed easily and takes MUCH ressources. Some useful parts of ASH (and UTPure) protection were included and enhanced in leagueAS136. It actually has one of the most powerful protections atm

As Cratos says ASH is old news.

It doesn't really need to be kept a secret now....... all League Servers did have a special version of ASH alongside LeagueAS 135 which I put on a year and a half ago (Jan03).

Just because you don't know something is happening doesn't mean it isn't happening or hasn't already happened ;)