AS-Siege]|[

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Humph said:
1. There are annoying holes in the wooden ramps in the main tower, which I repeatedly fall into.

2. These ramps are not backed up to the wall, so I constantly strafe off the edge of them.

3. Cannon is pointless, you have to land in the exact center of the small pool, which is like... 1 in 5 chance.

4. The wank framerate is cause by:

- Having every pole of every railing as a 3d brush.

- Having every plank in every ramp rendered individually.

- The needless breakble windows.

- Having chunks cut out of wooden floors just to make it look nice.

- The needless excess polygons you have added to stairs, where ramps would have done the job just as well.

- Cutting out and rendering individual loose/missing bricks in walls.

- The excess amount of support struts and wooden beams.

all true.. if u wanna make g00dlooking maps make maps 4 2k3 instead.. I dont have a that shitty comp but I get about 30fps in "worst" place when I have avg 190 on other maps.. ran stat fps and saw that u have about 1000polly count on loths of places.. try 2 stand on the sniping level or what it is.. and snipe when being on a low end comp.. get about avg450 pollys when just running around on map.. and max polly count shuld be about 300 4 a playable map and thats even a bit high.. the map looks sweet and all but it wont be playable untill the fps probs.. loths of ppl have poor comps and cba 2 play ur map cus of the fps..

u said dont cry about fps....

well im gonna cry again... take a good look at the pic i have included!! Never seen a map where i have so less frames its absolutly ridiculous.. 3 frames per sec thats just unplayable

when im on the ground i have 11 fps and that allready 3 times lower then what i have on the biggest fps killer map in the league!!

good job for making this map.... but u aint gonna see me playing it and this is definitly no league worth

Attachments

• shitefps.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
3 fps is low, sure... would be intrested what comp u have

[edit] the pic looks like u play in 1200 or higher res.... tz tz [/edit]

[edit again] sorry, just saw ur spec. p4 1,8 and ti3 200?? strange....3 fp/s?? [/edit again]

sorry for the zillion page thread...but the idea was to give you a chance to influence the map style.
currently i only want to finish the map, then i test how 2 improve fps. siege wont be a 100 fp/s map 4 sure, but currently i rebuild & erased some parts which give me around 5 fp/s more (my comp see my sys spec)

there will be another beta, ... and maybe i cut some details for the AL version.
the beta is important 2 test the new end sequ., hope it will work.

btw, siege for ut2k3? no way....

Last edited:
snee i think the low fps is ur fault, sorry but well look at my system specs, they are much worser just 1,2 ghz, just 320mb ram and the graphics card plays no roll for UT
i have at the point on your pic 17 fps on the ground 40 and inside buildings 60 that is playable and this with all settings=high and 1280x960!!

snee u better sort ur drivers out or ur settings and make sure u have no programm running at the background which is downloading pr0n :P

could be the brake :P

Attachments

• Shot0001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 156
MiserY said:
and the graphics card plays no roll for UT

bullshit

when the cooler on my gfti500 broke i had to use a radeon7500 and later a 3dfx banshee
while i had 150-300 fps oflline with the gf3 i never had more than 20 with the banshee and the rad was even shitter plus it featured a 3 second inout lag

so true

1,8 and gf3 even its a ti200 should give you more fps :nono:

yesterday i got a crazy idea. after finishing siege3 (which should be done in 2 weeks) would be cool to make a siege4
got some strange ideas i cant build in siege3 (cause of the low fps)
but then i give me a limit of 4 weeks. even if the map is short as hell

hm...i better should :boozer: less and do more :sleep:

nearly finished.

but i need help.... how can I balance the main tower?

if the defenders respawn near the top its spammy to end ....
if they respawn @ the bottom defending against launching is impossible....

would it help if defender will start on a new platform in the middle of the main tower? or blasting a hole in the roof?

:(

u are right, u cant let them spawn low or high hmmm just do an extra plattform where they spawn with a tolerant way to final obj, not too long not too short

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
nearly finished.

would it help if defender will start on a new platform in the middle of the main tower? or blasting a hole in the roof?

like siege2 2/3 spawnpoints 1 almost on top 1 in the middle 1 down?

for some unknown so strange reasons :P i got quite good frames in siege3 (i got 20 in desert at end :S) about 50-60 avg and 40 min even at that mentioned point :S

aye, kinda agree with volt and misery,

atm attack seem to have 2 spawn points at final objective - outside main door and at bottom of ramps in main tower. I would leave these as they are, they seem as good as anywhere.

The problem is more with def spawn points and positioning of weapons.

Def spawn in 3 different places as far as i can see. I would get rid of the spawnpoint by the armour altogether (give the attackers more chance to get it)

I would keep the top def spawn as it is, but remove plasma gun. Make the defenders second spawn half way up the ramps and quite close to a weapon (mebbe the plasma gun from the top?)

Alternatively (or maybe additonally), think about giving attackers a rocket launcher closer to their final spawn so they stand more chance of getting launchers up to battle the evil defenders at the top with enforcers ;)

Not saying this would necessarily solve the problems but might make it a bit more balanced - just some ideas :D

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
nearly finished.

Hmm some main rules that have been mentioned is that the def spawn should be about 1/3 away from the objective as the attackers, and perhaps a little away from it's route towards it...

to defend the tower the problem is that whereever the defender spawns, they end up in the route of the attacker, which imo is pretty annoying. Solving this by makin different spawnpoints on different levels is imo not an option cus you'll see the suiciding thing happening and the lucky clan is the one that spawns high...

the only solution i see is makin a small room about midway the tower but next to it, where defenders spawn and can make their way into the route of the attackers or perhaps take a lift (jumppad) up to one of the higher levels but you'll need to make sure it's hard or impossible for attackers to get in....

hard puzzle though and this is just my 2 cents, but don't listen to me else "all maps will be just like jwer wants them to be" :rolleyes: