AS-Siege]|[

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

maybe add a teleporter which wont allow access until all objectives are done.
then let the defenders exit it like halfway up.
this would put em halfway but the time from the spawn to teleporter would delay em slightly

just tried the public beta, i must say i like the changes u've made since the first private beta ive seen. the watertower, the lower tunnels and the 2nd objective promise an interresting play.

however i do have some thoughts :D
i think the 3rd objective will be spammy since you removed the hole in the roof, so now theres only one way in. then i dont like the jumppads at the final at all, they are way too buggy, if u dont walk on them totally straight, u mostly end up splashed in the lower tower regions, i think the lifts were the better solution, also the final obj should imo be touchable from both sides, with the double stairspiral its easy to loose orientation, so when u are there u end up touching the wrong side :f

another impression i had was that the map comes with very few ammo, maybe spread some more over the map.
then what jwer said about the defender spawns in the tower sounds good, atm you either spawn low, right in the attackroute, or high and very close to the side entrances.
i think jwers idea of the spawn halfway up is good.

leave the jumps pads, but have the pads boost u directly up, and not at an angle.

jwer_NL said:
[...] hard puzzle though [...]
defenetly....

worked out another obj. near the tower
currently i think the small-defender-respawn-room-idea should do it
want finish the map now.. :shout:

image40.jpg

Sauron said:
i think the 3rd objective will be spammy since you removed the hole in the roof, so now theres only one way in.
hm, did you noticed the other way towards the tunnel with the secret library door?
Sauron said:
then i dont like the jumppads at the final at all, they are way too buggy, if u dont walk on them totally straight, u mostly end up splashed in the lower tower regions, i think the lifts were the better solution, also the final obj should imo be touchable from both sides, with the double stairspiral its easy to loose orientation, so when u are there u end up touching the wrong side :f
:whatever:
first everyone hates the lifts...now everyone hates the jumppads .. hm..
i promised i will build the jumppads new so they are easy 2 use

the final obj. is temp right now
there will be s.th. other i'm currently building.... and it will be touchable from both sides
Sauron said:
another impression i had was that the map comes with very few ammo, maybe spread some more over the map.
itemplacement is not done, thats right
working hard trust me

Nekro said:
leave the jumps pads, but have the pads boost u directly up, and not at an angle.
i try

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
hm, did you noticed the other way towards the tunnel with the secret library door?

ye i noticed, but it only leads into the lower level, u stil lhave to get up this ramp, so basicly theres 1 way to the objective

[3dgamer]Lord_M said:
first everyone hates the lifts...now everyone hates the jumppads .. hm..

well maybe that means that jumppads arent the right thing ;)

i had a thought about the spawn for the defenders for the last objective

you cud add a tele inside the spawntower that leads to the middle or higher part of the tower and open the spawntower for the attackers. yet the defenders cant use this tele anymore once all other objectives are gone, they spawn in the very lowest parts of the big tower, in the route of the attackers.
but since there are the 2 side entrances on the main tower they need to get their asses up there asap, also they need to push out and defend the spawntower as good as possible, like that they cant concentrate on blocking the lower passages in the main tower but have to split up. also the jumppads wudnt be that much of a prob then anymore, there wont be too much defense up there, they need to defend upfront else the attackers can shoot them off one after another and till they are back on top the final is long gone.

what do you think?

Sauron said:
you cud add a tele inside the spawntower that leads to the middle or higher part of the tower and open the spawntower for the attackers.
hm...what do u mean with "open the spawntower for the attackers".
you mean leave the door open until all other obj. are done?
hm....dont like the idea of fighting in the spawntower..... would be annoying
Sauron said:
yet the defenders cant use this tele anymore once all other objectives are gone, they spawn in the very lowest parts of the big tower, in the route of the attackers.
sounds ok, maybe i make it like this when adding another spawnpoint
Sauron said:
but since there are the 2 side entrances on the main tower they need to get their asses up there asap, also they need to push out and defend the spawntower as good as possible, like that they cant concentrate on blocking the lower passages in the main tower but have to split up. also the jumppads wudnt be that much of a prob then anymore, there wont be too much defense up there, they need to defend upfront else the attackers can shoot them off one after another and till they are back on top the final is long gone.

what about that:

when all other obj. instead of the final are done all defender respawns near the top (where now the pulse gun is available...)
but after 15 sek. these "new" spawn points gets deactivated and from now on all defender starts @ 1/3 height?

this would solve the launched camper problem (e.g. s.o. gets launched during the match and waited until the upper doors were blasted ... would be lame to finish it then....) and the defenders must split up to get new ammo & weapons and defend the launch positions...

what i mean with open the spawntower for attackers is simply that you can hammer into it like in siege 1, the fighting is meant to take palce outside, the defenders have to try and prevent the attackers from entering it

but my idea is based arround that teleporter inside, if it isnt there to bring the attackers into the upper parts the whole concept doesnt work. the attackers have to be able to bypass the defenders (which spawn in the attackroute) or else you will have the hispeed phenomenon, you kill a defender and he spawns rite on your face again

Sauron said:
what i mean with open the spawntower for attackers is simply that you can hammer into it like in siege 1, the fighting is meant to take palce outside, the defenders have to try and prevent the attackers from entering it

1st:
I changed the structure around the defender tower....must check if its possible now to enter it (by hammerjump)
2nd:
where 2 place the teleporter inside the def.tower? there is really less space left...hm, maybe one of the 3 telep. must be replaced then

BUT this whole bypass thing should not be possible to finish the map in 1 minute
this would destroy every other obj.
argh :smash:

So it has come to this... here it is, AS-Siege]I[ final!
full BOT AI included, new shot etc.
hope i found all bugs...

don't know if you vote it into the league....if you do, you can get a special
AS-Siege]I[AI version, without redeemer, bot path....

its quite fun to play against bots. ok, in the main tower they are 2 dumb 2 jumpd down and 3rd obj. is a bit spammy...so test it.

Download ~ 2,68MB

Filename: AS-Siege]I[.unr
Level Name: Release the beast
Author: M.Berndt
Email Address: [email protected]
Web Page: http://www.3dgamer.de

Date: 21.12.2003
Description: Assault
Player: 6-16 (ideal count 14)

Version: 1.1

UPDATE: the teleporter in the main tower was activated later in the match
this caused an error msg.
now its fine

thx to // SubZero //

Other levels by author: AS-Siege/Siege][/SE, AS-Redemption, AS-iSEAL, AS-XMasNOW!, DM-Siege]I[

Bot AI should work, but s.t. those §$%§$% bots get stuck on the top level in the main tower!

-- Construction --
Editor used : UnrealED 2.0
Base : None
Construction Time : 11 months

-- Installation --
Double click on the .umod file!
The .umod contains readme.txt and the AS-Siege]I[.unr files.

If you got problems with the .umod file, visit my homepage to get a
zipped version!

-- Copyright - Permissions --

This level is copyright Martin Berndt 2003.

You may distribute this level through any electronic network
(internet, FIDO, local BBS etc.)!!

Authors may not NOT use this level as a base to build additional
levels. This level is not supported by Legend Entertainment or Epic Games.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD
or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit
permission!

-- Credits --

Thanks to

the UTA-AL (http://www.utassault.net/)
this map is dedicated to this great community!

During the devolpement of this map, they tested my alpha versions and gave me
good ideas for the map!

you can find the whole thread here:
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31242

also thx to:
(-8-) Sauron ¦FxN¦ (pushed me to improve fp/s; is the one who asked for the landing "pool"...,
also told anyone the differences between alpha and beta version :)

Nekro (involved with the jumppads, involved with the rocketlauncher removed from the main yard
to another location, wrote this: "i trust u oh mighty one" - thx :)

{24} Lex_Mortis (always wanted more; alpha tester)

=[FDC]= jwer_NL (Mr. criticism)

Psy (big supporter of this map, made first online beta test'n possible...thx again)

Humph (AoR) (Mr.Ironic, but great support...)

<)C0(> D-Almighty (gave me demo-files with launches..)

«) ø$ (» Japster (AoR) (told me about hammerjump units (height) )

Old Git Tnega LoveGod (for this post: cough...ignore me, I'm kinda drunk.)

]>BO<[ M®.F®0$T »Fi« (even loved AS-iSEAL :)

Dr_Snuggles (was the one who wanted the "jumpers/launchers detected" msg)

Snuggs, {SUYM} sobo, -={Mi5}=- munkZ, ]>BO<[ Paa`, ]>BO<[ Towanda,
(CoC) Rel@x ((si><th)) ( -> active user :)

Hardcore (wrote this: "nahh - maybe put ppl with good ideas into the readme" ..so i do. oh,
dont be dissapointed that i dont build a ship with your name...)

hope i dont forget s.o., if i did: "sorry!"

...and a big thank-you to my girlfriend for her support!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UNREAL © 1998 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed
by GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL and the UNREAL
logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other
trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Last edited:
]>BO<[ M®.F®0$T »Fi« (even loved AS-iSEAL :)
iSEAL ownz !!! best map ever !!!!
and good job by siege3 !!! good map !!! waited and saw its a good map, nice ways , not many points 4 spam !! bekommst ein küsschen =)

Last edited: