AS-SaqqaraLE_Sobo2? Why isn't it more popular?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

^od^

Jul 9, 2006
hellooooo.

I assume that due to the numerous remakes of saqqara ppl still feel that its a 'weird custom' and its very rarely picked, and i've seen theres other threads with brajan suggesting tunnels and stuff at the end and obv this has been covered many times.

Thing is though. Imo sobo2 version is good, and it can be made a lot more popular just by changing the attacker and defender spawns and one or two tweaks.
This is not a flame thread about it being too hard or easy or whatever, i just think the flow isn't quite right and its simple to solve!

Start is okay ->

For the mid part of the map, to encourage more fragging, more saves and more action. and to discourage camping the shock room with all 6:
Block out all but one of the windows in all the chambers (green, blue etc).
Remove shock from blue room
Defenders spawns - allow the green/yellow teleporter to be used before pyramid goes - so that more fighting goes on at the front
Attackers spawns - getting the nearest 2 chambers gives you a closer spawn.

Then for final:
Move the attackers teleport exit closer to the scarab doors section
attachment.php

Move the defenders final spawn closer to the bridge
attachment.php

Move the defenders second spawn backwards, maybe give them a weapon like rockets or flak - non hitscan.
attachment.php

All the ideas are to encourage fighting, whilst also opening up more launching options for the attackers.

Attachments

• saq2.JPG
    saq2.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 87
  • saq1.JPG
    saq1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 89
  • saq3.JPG
    saq3.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited: