AS-Razon

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

my comments/suggestions:

1- think original rook plays better still, I dont like this idea of having to pass THROUGH the defence to get the end obj. Ideally defence needs to be meeting attackers near the Wishing well, but they need to come from another angle and have a few seconds headstart.
-Alternatively attackers need a second route, Maybe underground tunnel, ending up near the armor under the wishing well? this can split the defence too. most good maps have two routes to main objs. with a defence 4/2 split - desertstorm final, ballistic warhead, autorip dev etc

I dont like making these suggestions because it makes it more work then it is. but maybe worth considering since the base design at the moment doesnt seem strong like ur nali design which was good and just needed spawn tweaks etc.

2. Mazon - needs a roof teleport for defenders, the attackers should be able to disable the teleport for 30 seconds by hitting a button on the roof. at the moment def cant stop hammerlaunch unless u push all the way out. (i supposed quickest way to get to launch at the moment is to take high teleport (near flak) then hammer over the wall to defence launches.

3. Mazon crystal health is nice, still not that holdable even with only 2 entrances, reactor didnt seem that much harder to get, but this needs more play testing.

Overall - Razon still needs playtesting IMO before u make changes - now that its on the pugbot ill try pick it a few times if i get the chance.

Last edited:
Very nice, as soon as work gives me some time to comeback and play a bit will be looking forward to check this new maps :)

ideas and suggestions, posted earlier but phone timed out, so i wont type as much this time!

Rook part is almost perfect now.

1. The wishing well is pretty intense very similar to riv3 tunnel - defenders need to push to hold, if not eventually that well goes , nice job here.

2. The first objective on rook to open door, move this all the way back towards defenders spawns, just to make it slightly harder. At the moment this obj goes in 2 seconds.

Mazon Part

3. Please add Rocket launcher back - its too fiddly to launch with hammer and takes to long and takes too much emphasiss away from attacking. Also the attackers spawn quite far away from the launch spot.

I think the biggest problem the mazon part has is there is no intensity to this entire section. I can never see an OMGOSH moment here. Most of this is probably down to the fact that attackers need to hammerjump or be launched. There isnt really an opportunity for an individual rush or group push - a OMGOSH moment

4. My suggests are

a) You need to change the crystal completely. and come up with some kind of OMGOSH touch objective. But not make it too hard

b) or i think even something like moving the upper reactor doors to the lower level will help. Attackers will then have the chance to attack solo from low. Looks like you need to adjust the crystal health back as well.

I think Rook part is fine now (with the switch moved back will be better)
The mazon part needs working, I havent got too many ideas how to change this bit. :/

a) You need to change the crystal completely. and come up with some kind of OMGOSH touch objective. But not make it too hard

I completely agree with this, just seems it would make the back defense's role a lot different and in the end, getting it with a 6 pack from some sneaky location just seems anticlimactic imo, would make it far more challenging to defend and to attack at the same time, but like xb said, without making it too hard to get vs minis etc

Kick ass new updates, shame I won't be able to play ut till some time next week, laptop only for me atm, once I'm back I'll definitely try it out some :thumb:

nice job on mario sfx!

i dont like walking down a straight tunnel then up some stairs into defenders who spawn @ obj + spawn with sniper + ammo

i do like lavafort though:)

imho the previous version was significantly better mate, this ones just a pain in the ass really :P

ok..that´s already 3 complaints about the sniper

will be removed

and @ seas

why is the previous better..explain?

tbh..i don´t like final shot...wher eu can get it from 22354467 points in the map..even with flak from low

and reector switch closed gives the chains value..and tehy still have 2 routes

final has 3 routes

1) spawn for def at very back is stupid, and its got nothing to do with rook.

2) library switch shouldnt be changed.

3) chains necessary before reactor switch isnt mazon like.

4) last obj should be shooting crystal, not another switch o_O

big thank you for all your maps mate :)

ps: im as mad as hell and im not gonna take it anymore! ;p

Great map, Snuggs, like the idea alot!

Hoping for a new preview soon. :nod: