AS-NaliColony

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

[23:02] <che> another thing
[23:03] <che> pogo suggested a door at the main castle ramp..so no 1 is hiding in there be4 chains go..at lest the "hider would have to hammer jump over or get launched..
[23:03] <che> hmm

yes have a door, u can still let them up the waterhole or hammer, gg

had 2nite another idea about that issue

to-do list

- need to change the F3 list
- want to add a red and a blue flag on the chain buildings
- fix the mover at the bomb
- add a door at the top of the main castle ramp which is closed until chains go
- add a delay 4 the final doors...after chains (3-5 secs) to give def the chance to get hiding attackers
- maybe reduce geni HP..if some cry 2 much ..
- try to fix the planetary movers
- make a "how 2" thread like i did 4 scarab

is nice map now :)
and people like to pick it

people are coming up with new tax all the time and making the map interesting (i saw you mercy skalman nest! nice one)...

The map is excellent imo. So many nice touches and eye candy :cool:

Only criticism I can find in latest version is that the defence are sort of forced to defend the first Gate by sniping off the high wall, which is very difficult anyway because of the wire and the height of the protective barrier in the middle. The low minigun bunker is pretty useless because you can't crouch and shoot in it, just stand and shoot, and there's no real room to move in it. So, the Gate is pretty much handed to the attackers right away and this means that the Generator room gets opened whether the def want it to be or not.

Balli has the door in the Gate for the def to come out of, and also a low area for the def to drop off, which often means that the Gate area sees a lot of action for the first half of the map, because of no new attack spawn until the Genny goes. But in your map the ease of the Gate, coupled with the new attack spawn available shortly afterwards, means the def are always pushed way back to the Generator and unable to roam outside the Gate.

Otherwise I loved everything about it, and even the above isn't much of a criticism, since it just means the map plays differently to Balli.

i know what u mean

i just didn´t want to have a 1 to 1 copy of ballistic in this area

adding another door in the wall is pointless imo, cause virus goes very fast in the days of launching
+ jumping over the wire without loosin HP is possible ;)

a solution could be that i move the first attacker spawns slightly forward, and remove the second attacker spawn completly + reduce the geni HP a lil bit

i think this shouldn´t be a problem, cause we all know this game enough to set up launches everywhere

for example: we made a nice double hammer (side on side) behind the stairs at the first ruins in 1 of our beta sessions on dog private, and the flyer made it even to the top of the sniper tower
u can dodge on the top of the gate (above water) and then ur quick at the top of geni

use, if ur fancy and have the time .... make a new thread explain the subject and make a poll
changing it would take only 5 mins 4 me

i just don´t wanne make much more previews to test everything (or nerv mym with all the uploads)
wanne just doin the stuff on my list and fix every other major issue that comes up
i want to bring it to an end :)

Last edited:
I was trying for hours this morning to make a walkthrough video on fraps, like some people asked for. I ditched it cos I didn't like how my voice sounded :P But I could make a walkthrough thread for the map if you like, with vids and screens and explanations :deal:

About the defence issue: maybe just replace the little bunker with a ramp, so the defence can just run along that vials tunnel and come up a ramp and out to the Gate area. Likewise the attackers can try to sneak through the same ramp to take the new attack spawn button. I think this would make this section more holdable and also a bit more interesting to attack.

I think someone mentioned the difficulty in killing the Chains - turns out they're almost impossible to take down with anything other than rockets :crap:

Also, are the attackers supposed to be able to fall off the back of the train while it's moving?

preview 4

- moved 2nd attacker spawn more back to have a longer geni fight (double launches can be set at several points)
- added red n´blue flags on the chain buildings
- added a gate at the ramp to castle
- set a delay 4 the final doors
- made new signs 4 the defenders in the castle
- changed the water tunnel msg..it comes only 1 time, so watch out when u defend!
- the collision radius of the chains is now 25% bigger
- changed/added minor stuff u won´t c

i think i killed chain with 4 sniper shots if i remember

the falling out of train is a UT bug..dunno if i can fix that..just don´t jump :P

Last edited:
i think i killed chain with 4 sniper shots if i remember

the falling out of train is a UT bug..dunno if i can fix that..just don´t jump :P

:clap: Style! :thumb: Can think of no reason why this shouldn't get picked in every pug from now on. I will be picking it!

Watching it in pug today some things occurred to me about the end portion:

• Pls add some sort of teleport for spectators, since once the attackers get the train the specs are forced to freecam all the way along the train tunnel. This might sound like a small thing but for UTV or in a tourny with specs it might be quite significant.
  • The very top of the castle has a room in it accessible by lifts for the defence, but this room seems kind of pointless with not much ammo, no weps, nearly impossible to see attackers coming unless you drop out of the windows... Maybe change this room to have a powerup or a useful tele to somewhere else - maybe a two-way tele so that attackers can access that room and attack the Final from there?
  • One thing I think the def really needs at the end is a lift on either side, somewhere around the boxes, so that they can jump up onto the surrounding grey walls and spot launch teams going to either outer side of the castle. As it is the Final def are forced to react as soon as a launcher reaches these walls, but the def can only get up there by hammerjumping or taking a launch, kind of like deffing Frigate roof.

Just some thoughts rly, nothing majorly needing done that I can see. People just need to learn the map :thumb: Always fun to listen to Snuggs on TS, trying to tell people how to reach the shock rifle around the train :lol:

[*]Pls add some sort of teleport for spectators, since once the attackers get the train the specs are forced to freecam all the way along the train tunnel. This might sound like a small thing but for UTV or in a tourny with specs it might be quite significant.

:

i´ll add 1 that activates a few seconds after the train

[*]The very top of the castle has a room in it accessible by lifts for the defence, but this room seems kind of pointless with not much ammo, no weps, nearly impossible to see attackers coming unless you drop out of the windows... Maybe change this room to have a powerup or a useful tele to somewhere else - maybe a two-way tele so that attackers can access that room and attack the Final from there?

:

u can hammer jump to the bell tower from there
and there´s a superbio :tasty: :lol:

[*]One thing I think the def really needs at the end is a lift on either side, somewhere around the boxes, so that they can jump up onto the surrounding grey walls and spot launch teams going to either outer side of the castle. As it is the Final def are forced to react as soon as a launcher reaches these walls, but the def can only get up there by hammerjumping or taking a launch, kind of like deffing Frigate roof.
:

hmm...maybe :)

Thx for the replies.

About the second point - maybe just put the sniper rifle in that room, along with the ammo already there. This would mean the def would have to go up to get the rifle anyway, giving the room more purpose.

Forgot about the super bio :cool:

I agree with Humph. In this regard, I still have 2 unfinished maps somewhere on my HD, maybe you will like to use some parts of it, for other maps, Snuggs. I can send them to you, if you want.

One is already pretty far, but quite Guardia like sometimes. I made it with jwer's recommendations and testing and I would say it has technically some nice things involved (more as a training map for me)

Another can a very basic outside terrain drafted without much AS involved yet. I think you can contact me via mail or ICQ

Oh, and have fun with Ches map everybody:chainsaw:

PS: ok some constructive criticism on the map (I have only seen the screenshots) You should add several low radius light sources, especially in the outside Areas. Those help a lot to make it look nicer. Cant comment on how the map plays of course.

Last edited:
I agree with Humph. In this regard, I still have 2 unfinished maps somewhere on my HD, maybe you will like to use some parts of it, for other maps, Snuggs. I can send them to you, if you want.

One is already pretty far, but quite Guardia like sometimes. I made it with jwer's recommendations and testing and I would say it has technically some nice things involved (more as a training map for me)

Another can a very basic outside terrain drafted without much AS involved yet. I think you can contact me via mail or ICQ

Oh, and have fun with Ches map everybody:chainsaw:

PS: ok some constructive criticism on the map (I have only seen the screenshots) You should add several low radius light sources, especially in the outside Areas. Those help a lot to make it look nicer. Cant comment on how the map plays of course.

ye, send me the stuff :)

and about the lights
i would have added much more detail stuff..like in O-MG or Pandora, but i already get complaints about FPS :lol: