AS-Mazon][ ???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

thePROPHET!

Unreal Dreamer of the Year 1985
Jun 8, 2001
the.boteam.com
Uhm, i´ve seen AS-Mazon][ on Main Page...

Downloaded it...

But can´t play it!!! Damn... Oops, i´m @ work ;)

Anyway.. The TXT Files inside those Maps are always very very informative, i love it:

Title : Mazon][
Date : 06 / 27 / 2001
Filename : AS-Mazon][.zip (AS-Mazon][.unr, Mazon][.txt)
Description : Assault-Map for Unreal Tournament
Author : Michel Challel
Nick : UltraSonic
Email Address : [email protected]
Homepage : http://www.mrlegion.de
Thanks to : Konnan, Sonic, Shaitan and Phear

Installation:

You have to unzip the AS-Mazon][.unr in your UnrealTournament\Maps - directory.

Build Time : 3 Days

Inormation:

Thank you for downloading Mazon][. Although i didn't change much from the
standart to the new, it's very funny to play the Map.

Have fun with playing ! !

WTF?! Didn´t change much? Then it´s called Mazon][.. Bah! :mad:

It was originally called MazonAL, but since AL maps are designed for the league I asked him to change it. What would you have suggested? Mazon1.1?

I only wanted to know the Changes..

"didnt changed much" ... wtf.. if you are a programmer @ a company, and u would write such things in the history´s of the code u would surely get fired...

It isn´t too hard to mention the changes?

And if they aren´t much like it was done in Overlorld][ or Guardia][ then it have no right to call it Mazon][ because it´s still the same Mazon. e.g. Removing/Replacing AutoCannons

Only large improvements/changes would deserve a continued number

But anyway, it´s my oppinion, and u surely give a shit ;)

as-mazon101 ?

anyway I just attacked it once and my guesses of changes are

water --> lava
g00 gun --> pulse
flak on roof --> sniper
+ 2 healthpackas at chains
+ 2 healthpacks at flak (switch level)

I think that's it, couldn't this have been done with a mutator ?

Last edited:
This are the changes? w00t? And then he calls it Mazon][ :mad:

Lame lame lame.... Shame, everyone can do this to Mazon...

Ok, i will load up AS-Bridge, change some weapons/replace water with Lava :evil: and call it AS-Bridge][

Nah.. That´s not worth calling it a "sequel" ;)

As a first attempt at a map I can quite understand someone simply modifiying an existing map a bit to get the feel of how things are done. Wouldn't hurt for people to be a bit more supportive of someone trying there hand at map making. I'm pretty sure everyone's 1st map wasn't anything very great unless they were very talented.

Darkheart

Right Darkheart, but don´t call it a sequel then if it´s not a real sequel (Like RiverBed Series, they improved from map to map or SubMarineBase)!

You shouldn't really relase ur first 2 maps imho, even Mier, GRZ etc had crap first maps.

But the placing of health boxes was just right, not sure about the lava though. adding sniper on roof was good.

He prolly has the most important thing down which is balancing the map for attackers/defenders. As long as he can do the same from scratch he will surely make some nice maps in the future.

OK, for those of you that havn't deleted Guardia][ and Overlord][ yet please do so now, those were my first maps. :p

Who r u? Mr. President???

I made the map, coz i was boring, if you dont want to dl the map, dont make it. I made it for me and my friends at my home, for lan party, etc., then i had the idea to upload it maybe.

"YOU DON'T WANT IT? DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!"

Bridge would be really interesting with lava instead of water. I really would loooove to respawn in the underlava cave and get incinerated everytime i tried to get out from the sucker :P:rolleyes::eek:That would be what i call a map with a shitty balance:lol:

New mazon rulezzzz new changes ar great make the defense and tha attack much more tactical requiring much more abbilattie i like ;)

nice work ultrasonic:D