as-grand canyon

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

munkZ

Jun 7, 2001
England
anyone pld as-grand canyon ?

u get like 35 mins to assault it, after the first 2 objectives theres an air lift thing. pretty cool i thought, would be great map with a few players.

crap for the league tho

as soon as you get to the lift your fps goes thru the floor

and thats a battle zone from playing it on [DAMIT] big ass maps server .

wasnt trying to get it into the league, just thought id mention it as ive enjoyed playing it in the past. And, yeah, that section b4 the lift is mad :crazy:

apart from the fps, that whole open bit is a snipers paradise...absolutely no cover at all
but, barring that, its ok

Yep it's at....

http://www.damitclan.com/

Click on the map link on the right.

Their IRC is #damit on the same server as #utassault.

Sorry didn't read the post all the way. They dont have a list of what's on their server only the maps to DL. Stop by their chat and ask Fragme, he should be able to get it for you.

Last edited:
most of them are crap...sunspire and missile silo spring to mind...
btw why does nobody play orbital? looks fine to me

missile silo's ending is like guardia, only the attacker has to walk 10 times as long each time to be spammed by shielbelted guys with rocket launchers and redeemers. If you manage to get passed them by some fluke, they spawn in your path again with armour and a nice american flak cannon.

Theres another map with tombs n shi t, which is a bit difficult, always getting lost, and not to mention, the marathon walk at the beginning over a tight narrow pass, defended by snipers.

Grand canyon is big, too big really, but it's also a nice break from the regular AS maps. I enoyed it last night on the damit server, have to say my ping there was really crap though. In fact it reminded me of the old times in UT, with lots and lots of lag but still enjoyable.

nah, it's ok too if you're looking for changes from regular AS, for league matches it isn't any useful, but for a change these maps are cool. It's cool that someone is using the more unusual maps on servers too.