As Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Psy spend money and a lot of time designing the site, organising all the code, etc? No.
Actually yes to all, and more.

Phear did, and he banned the people that pissed him off for life.
1 person, after 2 years of constant, incommensurate, unjustified abuse, and being a v exceptional case.

So, I was the same as Phear.
Noone is questioning if you had the 'right' to stop the cup or not. Of course you had, since it was 'your cup'. The point is...

Cece said:
And what made Miner actually try and organize something like that without being able to take some shit? :\
you say...

I decided that I wasn't going to take it.
and when did you decide this? Because if you had it clear from the beggining it was kind of a mistake to even start it in first place, I'm sorry to say.
I mean: there were lots of arguments from the very start (maplists, rules, groups, etc), it was quite naive to believe that everything would be sweet and smooth later on.
Since "you were Phear" you could just kick out the ppl/clans that pissed you off, instead of letting down all the other clans that signed up for it.

UTA admins have in the past left because of flaming
Admins leave for various reasons, but always make sure someone else is left to continue the job. When you accept any kind of admin position you also acquire a responsibility towards the community you are administrating, one of the most important ones is to ensure its continuity.
If the cup died because of lack of interest / servers / resources / other similar problems, then fine. But packing it in a huff because you (as expected) had abuse is ... :nono:

The lack of an announcement is also wrong. Now it's probably too late but if ppl knew earlier I believe anyone could have organized the final rounds easily, via forums posts or whatever :\

Anni has some points too.

p.s: from the options you gave for me to be here yet, I'd say I'm definitely stupid :bow:
:D

_

TheMiner said:
Does Psy spend money and a lot of time designing the site, organising all the code, etc? No..
Psychotic said:
Actually yes to all, and more.

HAHA, this is starting to sound like the discussion about AKA´s tactics :lol:
Psy did it all, even before he joined the clan and before he even started to play UT and before he was even born or though of :)

YOU´R THE 1 PSY.

Flip out your wings and fly up in the sky and i´ll be the first1 to believe you...

TheMiner said:
And one last thing- UTA admins have in the past left because of flaming / accusations / etc. You don't remember the result of the UAS/SpR crap?
Woah there!
I packed it in because of unfounded accusations of corruption from Psy towards me, NOT because of whining flames of players. Player have, and always will cry, whine, shout, scream and you just ignore it. When another admin starts on at you, you really have to think if you can be arsed with it.

Anyways, please return to your normal viewing. Pass the popcorn.

Reactions: JACKEL
Joko said:
gonna unban me from P&S yet mugs?
Done,

Maybe.

Martz did the ban, if the unban didnt work, PM me and I will figure out what I did wrong ...

TheMiner said:
because the UTA admins decide to put up with it. Does Psy spend money and a lot of time designing the site, organising all the code, etc? No. Phear did, and he banned the people that pissed him off for life. So, I was the same as Phear

:lol:

Seems to me you know fuck all about Phear :)

Reactions: CeCe
Dear Mughi, may I remind you that your husband Wintermute started the accusations posting manipulated info about the admin team he shouldn't have in first place?
That's an old issue and way off-topic anyway, dunno why you brought it up.

Let me spell it out for you "Dear Psy".
Miner quoted me as saying I left because of whining players, I didnt.
Nothing more. Dont get into a "but he started it :bawling: ".

why you guys flame eachother? :crap: Can't we all be just friends? :grouphug:

Nah seriously.
Like several guys already mentioned, there are always people who likes moaning and flaming, so don't take, what people say or said to you, serious .
Sadly enough that some nerds think that a computer game (i speak about UT) is the most important thing in the life. Say to them "n00b" and they :bawling: in their bed.
Well it's ur decision (as Admin) to letting the cup die, but i think it's a bit unfair for the clans or clan-members, who really wanted to play or/and win it.

AnTi said:
And Bo are fagg0ts so what :P except you p00f and except you pro members :x
brainwash really worked :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice
Masterrr said:
and hes one of the friendliest guys i met in uta.

:lol:
Yeah, as long as you do what he wants and what he likes. Just continue sucking his dick, np. But when you go against him once, he will not like it and he will do everything he can to pay you back.

have fun :)

:rolleyes:

This thread turned into an (ex)admin-fight, UAS/SpR thingy again :flame:

Yet again, people read bits of posts.
I've been told in the past by a variety of (realiable) sources that Phear did and paid for a lot in the league (also mentioned in several posts a while ago). While I wasn't here at the league start and don't pretend to know fully the league past its hardly my fault if wrong info gets passed to me.
Bart yet again has missed the point that has been said before- its different for someone who can't stand flaming and someone who cba to do stuff for people who flame.
@Mughi, I just quoted one of your posts, apologies if something was wrong :).

The answer to Psys questions: guess I overestimated the respect of some people in the community. If I'm judged by that (which I am in this thread), I guess I'm guilty as charged :P
No I didn't think there would be any flaming about "the cup" (not at me, nothing to do with flaming @ me, @ the cup, please note the difference). I was naive. I thought (read: hoped) it would be appriciated by everyone. But, even from making the first thread, I had to read through drivels of crap. Like I said, I just cba with it anymore.

Last edited:
TBH, I think you should be sorting out problems with clans that try and stop matches by adding practice sessions mid-game and problems between clans involving admins instead of bitching at me :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.