AoE III

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
What do you guys say bout this game?
Well as Ex -AoE2 junkie i had my doubts, but after i played the demo i'm completly convinced that it will be a cool game..although the Western scenario is a bit urrghh. ;)

Play the demo and report us your thoughts. :D

Last edited:
I'm deffo gonna try that :) One of my favourite games ever.

Also Total War series :)

Nice, I used to play AOE then AOE2 quite a lot. I am looking forward to this as I have not played an RTS game in years. :D

was a total AoE II junkie then MSN fucked up the zone so i couldnt play :(

so will definately be getting hold of this :D

Finally a game where i can play with the dutch!
definitly gonna play this game some time :)
\o/

werent there sequels already ?
I remember playing a game where about the greek/roman mythology it was very much like AoE and i think was also called Age of Something.. :confused:

sobo said:
werent there sequels already ?
I remember playing a game where about the greek/roman mythology it was very much like AoE and i think was also called Age of Something.. :confused:

Ages of Mythology :rolleyes:

Yeah just read about that too when i browsed over a aoe3 fan site..
the download is half-done btw. Screens look so nice. I think ill have a short look on it before i go to bed :)

imo Age of Myth was :puke:.

Anyway.
The new physicengine of Ensembles new masterpiece is gorgeous. It's fun to see how buildings parts fly around while under fire and it's even more fun to shoot with big cannons into a group of enemies. :teehee:
Unecessary to mention that the graphic is eye catching (especially the water :drool: ).

Well i played Wc3 and other famous strategy games, but AoE2 is (ummm i mean "was" after i saw AoE3 ;D) still my fav.

On the pic below you can see that even building parts have their own shadows :eek:

Last edited:
the game is great but i don't like english ( in the game :P ) and spanians.... could be great fun with indians, but it doesn't let me play them :(

tHE WATER LOOKS SOMEHOW ODD HERE; BUT MAYBE ME GF4 ti is a bit outdated. :\

the highest shader setting is medium. :\ On screenshots it looks stunning

I dunno really, I have my doubts. It'll be hard, really hard to live up to - and exceed AoE II, one of the greatest games ever made :p:

AoEIIftw

Maxiz! said:
I dunno really, I have my doubts. It'll be hard, really hard to live up to - and exceed AoE II, one of the greatest games ever made :p:

AoEIIftw
you played the demo?
had the same doubts, till i played it.

tHE WATER LOOKS SOMEHOW ODD HERE; BUT MAYBE ME GF4
prolly the lame 1.1 Gf4ti shaders. With 2.0 shaders especially water looks damn sweet imo.