Anti-Mercing Idea

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hardcore

(Taki)
Jun 8, 2001
Germany
Antimerc-Idea (maybe in addition to what psy/polle/wint/phear have in mind? ):

simple way:
if you want to play in a leaguewar,
you have to use your uta-league-accound-password.

complicated way (like that 1 much more :D, but will be a bit hard to realize i think :( )
if you want to play in a leaguewar,
you have to log on a special site with your uta-league-accound-password
the site checks gets your IP and keeps it.
then you get a textstring from the html/php site: "connect unrea://serverip:port?password=xYz
xYz being a randomly created password that you need to join the server (different for each player and all the time)

u just have to ctrl+c,
start ut,
open console,
ctrl+v,
enter

(now the server checks if you have the same IP as the one that the site kept)

same IP -> good -> kick t3h shit out of those n00bs!!!1 :o
different IP -> aimbot suxx0r lamea$$ :D

2 things:
- one could do some IP trix (won't go into detail) but like that it will be hard playing cuz of a bad ping.
- one could give one's playeracc-pw to a merc
(just like one would have to do if the "simple way" was applied :D but admins could compare IPs and ISPs and stuff). so the second method is maybe interesting?

^^ if its doable @ coding... database/servercomunication - 16 different PWs etc.

[edit] woot forgot phil in first line :D [/edit]

Last edited:
Why not just make it so u connect with ur UTA forum pass thats it how many people gunna give there forum pass to people ?

when theres a password for every account people will just make whole fake accounts for their clan. i see no way to stop people with a dynamic ip adress from mercing and there probably is none.

taki i think your idea would be as useless as others, just way more complicated from what i understood. nice that someone thinks about solutions though.

you can just make it a lot harder, but that would also mean a lot more work for the clans that are not involved in mercing.

Last edited:
Well from my poin of view to merc or not to merc cant be ruled in league!
But can be ruled in Clans!

Yes cause well the fault of mercing is from the players but mainly from the clan leaders that let them merc for the clan!

So well creat a rule that if the "merc" is caught and you have proves the CLAN that uses the merc loses X points and The player account is suspended for X time!

Im shure like that ppl will think twice before mercing and will think twice let a merc play for their clan!

Anyway , my personal opinion about the "mercs" have changed alot since some time ago!

And i do think that some times one merc its ok if the clan have one player less !

But take clan players to put mercs sucks !

But like ive said , that is in the way of think of each one of u!

Anyway Rules for merc ... hmmm naaaaaaaa let they merc if they want !
Plus we all know the clans that use mercs , and who merc +/- ...

Whats so funny about my idea ? would YOU give ur forum pass out to people ? so they can post on the forums with ur nick ?

I wont ! But well we can always change password anytie we want! They can give the pass for the match and change password after ! Or they cant ?

If uta servers were set up to ask a password for every different player, and then validate it, it would mean that ONLY people signed up in the clan would be able to play, unless clans made fake accounts or players shared passwords.

yeah kinda ^^
so i didn't just forget phil in the first line but also you :)

my idea ain't that new and so on
but i thought i will post it maybe as an addition.
and investigating on IPs and fake accounts this way could have a certain effect maybe.

one could also take paas idea into account
maybe add a changelimit to passwords (forums/league) so one can only change it once a week or something?

jeez@everyone looking for credit here.

It's MY idea ok? Only mine, I'll copyright it :p:

Anyway, the 'idea' is OLD.
It meant to use player account passwords, which means forum passwords for players with linked accounts. We can't force the rest to have a forum account.
Ppl won't give their player/forum password out. You could post shit with other user's nick & get banned as result, or read PMs, or access moderation panels & private forums you shouldn't be allowed to :)

@Hardcore: your addition to the main OLD idea makes it too complicated IMHO.
It would be hard enough to make sure everyone is aware of this once it's implemented. If you add some kind of login to check IP first, result is most div 5 matches 0 vs 0 players.
And 56k users cons might die in the middle of the match, reconnect, and be rejected on the server cause their IP is different.

Another point is manual setups using 16-20 passwords... a hell :\

As for clans signing up fake accounts to make room for their mercs, we can suspend those accounts and take care they only sign up legit players.

In general, this OLD idea could work. Wouldn't prevent mercing 100% but reduce it considerably.

one day a time will come when u will stop humiliating me with posts of that kind ^^
eviltongue.gif

get something sorted withg the ip thingy's whattis, imm sure that willl do the job.

ps. im sso o sorry im kinda druknk now but i know for a fatc that tghe lords mercs and that pisses me off

lol m8 actually you added something new.
The OLD thing and the 'taking credit' thing was aimed at others :D

Erm, slap me if this idea is wrong ...

Doesnt your PC transmit your hostname when u are on the Internet? Why not "lock" down the hostname and IP Range (e.g. 123.123.xxx.xxx, so u get the whole ISP range) to the certain player and do a compare everytime when the player logs into a leagueAS server? A hostname isnt unique, but who can be arsed to change his computername, do a reboot, and then play? :P